project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-20, 23:47   #11
nAyo
Banned
Default Re: Tiger Helicopter

Or the australian ARH one

Even though the german model is not exact, I guess it's better how it is since it's harder to see through the blades with the camera. It'd allow free 360 look but that's about it
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 00:05   #12
40mmrain
Supporting Member

It;s supposed to be such that you can hover below cover with just the optic sticking up and over. Though I've never seen anyone do that with the kiowa. Personally I tried it once with the mountains on kashan, it was alright, but probably not worth the limited ability to observe and fire directly below the aircraft.
40mmrain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 09:20   #13
Kerryburgerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40mmrain View Post
It;s supposed to be such that you can hover below cover with just the optic sticking up and over. Though I've never seen anyone do that with the kiowa. Personally I tried it once with the mountains on kashan, it was alright, but probably not worth the limited ability to observe and fire directly below the aircraft.
That tactic is almost necessary with the Gazelle.
Kerryburgerking is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 09:48   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Just encase anyone thinks we've made the Tiger incorrectly or think we don't know about this, we didn't. The model isn't one of ours it came from the BF2: Euro Forces Booster Pack:

All we have been able to do with it, since the model isn't our own is re-texture it with a German and French camo, and take off the nose turret for the German version etc though its code.

Hopefully one day we may replace it with a proper, new model with proper model differences for each version (if any of you guys are up for making it, please by all means give it a shot) but until then we're just going to work with what we've got.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 10:04   #15
Jafar Ironclad
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Just encase anyone thinks we've made the Tiger incorrectly or think we don't know about this, we didn't. The model isn't one of ours it came from the BF2: Euro Forces Booster Pack:

All we have been able to do with it, since the model isn't our own is re-texture it with a German and French camo, and take off the nose turret for the German version etc though its code.

Hopefully one day we may replace it with a proper, new model with proper model differences for each version (if any of you guys are up for making it, please by all means give it a shot) but until then we're just going to work with what we've got.
Correct.

For now, with the German UHT version, we've placed the gunner's "camera" above the rotor shaft, where the dorsal sensor would normally be mounted. A simpler modeling operation, if anyone's up for it, is making the dorsal sensor suite:

Jafar Ironclad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 10:29   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Someone could also attempt at making a little cover attachment to go where the nose gun goes to make it look a little more right, although the smoothing/lighting would be off a bit would most likley look better than the big gaping hole

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 11:11   #17
Hurricane
Supporting Member

Have you guys asked the Operation Peacekeeper devs? IIRC they had a model of the german Tiger. I'm not sure though, it's been a few years.

Oh, and I think they also had the TPz Fuchs which would make a great addition to the Bundeswehr in PR as a light APC. Pretty much like the VAB for the french. And then there's the Dingo ...
Hurricane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 14:53   #18
spawncaptain

IIRC the OPK guys don't feel like trading so much. Thanks for the info on the Tiger model devs, the good textures really fooled me into believing it was a custom model.
spawncaptain is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-14, 16:26   #19
Headless86

I like that the camera is above the helicopter now, but its quite hard to see through the rotorblades, my eyes started bleeding :/

Any way to make it better by changing some video settings or something? I have everything on low i guess. Except for effects.
Headless86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 07:00   #20
viirusiiseli
Banned

Yeah, the rotorblades are a huge problem. You have to fly 20m off the ground if you want to see properly.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
helicopter, tiger