project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-04-23, 14:53   #11
CallousDisregard
Banned
Default Re: G36 Reload Animation not realistic

Isn't the SKS loaded by stripper clip ?
CallousDisregard is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 15:05   #12
heroes maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallousDisregard View Post
Isn't the SKS loaded by stripper clip ?
yep it is, mosin and lee enfield too
heroes maker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 15:12   #13
USMC scout sniper

Almost every weapon's bolt goes back the rounds are gone. I've shot an AK, and hell, it IT goes back.
USMC scout sniper is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 16:42   #14
Redamare
Supporting Member

lol i like the Jonty Tune music ahhaa but yeah i agree with you that we Could a new animation but it will take some time ....

incase you forgot what the current version looks like watch this video 30 seconds in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6adO7Y8tzs
Redamare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 18:36   #15
-CAL ACO-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeyHotel View Post
I noticed it with the pistols. But I ignored those because that's the way it was with BF2, and I didn't know if there was something with the engine that didn't allow you to do that, or something weird like that... despite a reload being done by animation...

But with the M4, AK, and many other weapons, the animation reacts to reloading based upon the weapon being dry, completely out of ammo, EXCEPT the G36, and that being one of my most favorite weapons, I just wished there was that single hint of authenticity because major IPs like Call of Duty, that usually have authentic reloads (or semi-authentic) even left out that MINOR detail.
don't even get started on call of dutys reload animations, no one can reload that fast consistently, and with the M4A1 and ACR animations in MW2 it solely consists of the character inserting a new mag in the mag well even when the you've only fired 3-5 rounds. i can't say for sure but i asume the soldiers in PR throw their empty mags into there invisible dump pouches especially when not all the rounds are fired.
also the pistol animations in PR would account for the consistent number rounds in the mag, after the empty reload the slide is cycled placing a round in the chamber, in a mid mag reload the slide is cycled ejecting the currently chamber round, loading another, thus you have the same number of rounds as after an empty reload.
plus i know some guys from the army and other civilian shooters who have disabled the slide stop so that they have to rack the slide every time, i don't why but they like it for some reason.
-CAL ACO- is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
animation, g36, realistic, reload