project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
13 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2019-10-28, 19:06   #11
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
PR:BF2 Contributor
Supporting Member
PR Server License Moderator

Default Re: Flag-Ticket Mechanics Change

Didnt read all these life stories
Still. Bump

CAS_ual_TY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-28, 22:26   #12
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
You gain X (or Y) tickets when you cap a flag that was neutral.
Rush enemy first flag, get X times number of neutral flags worth of tickets, win round with more tickets than you started.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 04:12   #13
PeppeJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Rush enemy first flag, get X times number of neutral flags worth of tickets, win round with more tickets than you started.
What difference does a game ending in 20 mins with 340-0 or 460-0 really do? A stomp is a stomp and most of the server will rage quit anyways.
PeppeJ is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 10:10   #14
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

My point is why would you incentivize rushing/capping neutral flags even more by adding this. Even if you rush 3rd flag on a 5-flag route, that means you just got one flag worth of extra tickets to spend on 4th and 5th while the enemy didn't.

The point of the ticket system is loss not gain, you win by losing them slower than the other team.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 12:50   #15
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

What about NOT bleeding when you lose last flag BUT has a "white" flag?

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 15:52   #16
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
My point is why would you incentivize rushing/capping neutral flags even more by adding this. Even if you rush 3rd flag on a 5-flag route, that means you just got one flag worth of extra tickets to spend on 4th and 5th while the enemy didn't.

The point of the ticket system is loss not gain, you win by losing them slower than the other team.
Whats the point of flags then?

Old 2019-10-29, 19:03   #17
[R-CON]​Frontliner

Flags provide a gameplay focus. If we didn't have flags gameplay would probably center around either team camping the other's main base exit because that's the easiest way to get kills.

Like I said before, the idea is that you're not only getting a small ticket advantage over your opponent but also often times an advantage in map control. This is very hard to quantify but it does exist, proof of that being team with lower flag counts not winning nearly as often.

I'm having a very hard to grasp your argumentation of "neutral flags not giving tickets = no incentive to capture them" whilst every veteran(and you're very much one of us by now) in this game knows that the easiest way to win the game is to deny control of a flag in the enemy's half of the capture progression as early as possible, and win the game while being in control of the map before other factors can come in ruin your day. I don't think the team with the advantage needs to be aided even more.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-30, 05:40   #18
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Still think taking neutral flag should give like 5 tickets.
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-30, 06:28   #19
[R-CON]​CAS_ual_TY
Supporting Member

Flags dont/barely give you map controll. And flags also dont determine who is winning. They can, but need not.

The AAS system (and the flags) serves (or tries to do) 2 things:
- Give players something to do (objectives)
- Represent the current frontline (= represent the map control)

From the manual:
Quote:
CPs can only be captured in a linear order to simulate a shifting front line and focus engagements.
You can completely control a flag without capping it. The main reason you cap flags right now is to try and get to the enemy bleed flag (and stop the enemy from getting to yours). But the 30 tickets punishment does not punish the winner, it punishes the loser, as only the loser gets punished by those 30 tickets.
In other words: Instead of punishing a flag loss, you should reward a flag take.

If you play skirmish (properly, 8v8, no retards) you often do not even cap the flags or middle flag, which shows how flawed they are.

TL;DR:
- If any situation can occure, where it is better to wait and let the enemy take an objective in order to then retake it, rather than taking it immediately in the first place, the objective or the system behind it is flawed. What does the objective do, what is it for, if you want your enemy to take it?

Old 2019-10-30, 18:11   #20
[R-CON]​Frontliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
Flags dont/barely give you map controll.
So when I'm rushing Muttrah's North City flag(s) as MEC I'm not getting map control because.....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAS_ual_TY View Post
If you play skirmish (properly, 8v8, no retards) you often do not even cap the flags or middle flag, which shows how flawed they are.
Skirmish 8v8 is an entirely different mode from your standard AAS in every imagineable facet. The fact that you feel the need to add that >flawed flags< supposedly only occur when both teams also feature "gud players" to me is telling what mistake you're making. This is called a "false equivalency"(apples-and-oranges-comparison), you project what happens under starkly different circumstances(only good players vs. a regular mixture of casuals and vets) in a different game mode with far less players involved on either side, no vehicles, no vehicles, no FOBs, onto the flags in the AAS game mode because that's the only thing Skirmish and AAS have in common(at least in the argumentation).
In short: Your argument is not applicable to AAS in any way.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
change, flagticket, mechanics