project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-07-17, 08:32   #11
Smegburt_funkledink

Default Re: Players are still harcoded?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Wicca View Post
I am planning on organizing a squadleader and commander training session. To teach the basics of it, aswell as some indepth stuff.
Sweet, when do you need me to show you the ropes so you'll know what to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysin View Post
all comms is definitely one. that's radio etiquette at it's most basic. you shouldn't step over 9 conversations when you could simply mark that sniper and tell 50 players at once. marking the map in general is a lost art. it takes 3 seconds and drastically changes how movements and matches play out.
Exactly. Perfectly put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainlaag View Post
On the other hand I strongly encourage anyone to contact all SLs for mission critical things. I always do that and then enjoy the tears of the cry babies that go "WHY DID NO ONE SAY A WORD HURR DURR!!?!?".

Things that concern the entire team and that are vital should get sent across all chat, even spammed if necessary.
Yeah, I wouldn't dispute that at all. The all squads button is there for a reason.

I understand what it takes to hear through all of it and listen to the info you need, I just feel bad for those who can't.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 08:37   #12
SevenEleven

Quote:
The only hardcode I suffer on a daily basis, is the negligence of the community to play PR. Come on guys, turn ur god damn game on!
It's worse for people in Australia, because there is one server located in Australia and nobody is ever on it, which means i usually play on the FCV server with a ping over 200. Still though, most people who play FCV are good with communicating etc, so it's good fun.
Last edited by SevenEleven; 2014-07-17 at 08:43..
Old 2014-07-17, 09:06   #13
Tommygun
Supporting Member

I'm guilty of spamming all chat on occasion and I know its wrong but in the heat of the moment and at times its needed. You cant mark shit on the map when you are under the tracks of a tank dead and it could be valuable info to all squads. There are also times when its hard to scroll through the list of squads to find who exactly is doing trans/mortars as occasionally they have odd names and sometimes fall into a role (mortars) as there was no squad doing it and it looked as if it would be useful.
Irritating as it can be I'd rather have comms than no comms. What I would like is people who use the radio to SAY WHICH SQD IS TALKING so if it is a general chat spam at least you know who to direct your chat to.
Tommygun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 10:41   #14
Jevski

Common sense goes out the window with some PR players. You dont call some one on the phone and start blabbing as soon as its picked up. You go "Hi Matt, this is Jev" or something similar.

In PR its sqd 2, this is sqd 3 - and then you wait for a response.

The Sl your trying to talk to might be talking to some one else, so going yada yada yada right away is just rude, and distruptive. Even more when its done to all squad leaders.
Jevski is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 10:47   #15
Wicca
Supporting Member

Get on my teamspeak smeg.

Ill let you teach me a lesson or two!

Xact Wicca is The Joker. That is all.
Wicca is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-17, 11:18   #16
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jevski View Post
In PR its sqd 2, this is sqd 3 - and then you wait for a response.
This is a must and then if the guy doesn't respond after a reasonable delay I'll find and use his name, as I have been known to forget what squad number I am at round start.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-18, 19:48   #17
Cassius
Supporting Member

Most players do not have any idea how to approach the game being used to spawn someplace and following a set path to the action and shoot. Hopefully this guide helps.

https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f13...egy-guide.html

|TG|cap_Kilgore
Cassius is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 17:41   #18
Brisk187
Supporting Member

Quote:
I am planning on organizing a squadleader and commander training session. To teach the basics of it, aswell as some indepth stuff.
I hope you're still planning on doing that, Wicca. I know I'll be there.
Brisk187 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-22, 18:07   #19
redman0123

I'm actually a little dicey on marking enemies on the map....

You have to set the range, then the enemy type. Seems very tedious and f*ck-up-able in the middle of a gun fight. Blech I don't know it's just easier to shout "hey theres a tank coming in here!" than mark it on the map and maybe 1 or 2 people might notice right away.
redman0123 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-23, 23:19   #20
Robbi
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegburt_funkledink View Post
it's just surprising for a noob like myself to even judge anyone else.
*Fixed*

Robbi is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
harcoded, players