project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2011-12-15, 07:11   #11
dtacs
Supporting Member

Default Re: ROE? Sometimes screw the rules

It isn't written in the rules on TG, PRTA or NwA, or any other server that I know of. Most servers would not discipline for it when the perpetrator can explain their situation, however.

But that 'TK a TKer' is just an example. I personally don't see how you can not break rules when other players are jeopardizing the rules themselves or inhibiting fruitful gameplay of others. Being the ultimate white knight must get very frustrating.
dtacs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 08:06   #12
MaSSive

There is no justification for what you did. There are no white knights anymore ( that's a fairy tale ) Teamkilling a teamkiller is treated the same by most ( if not all admins )

In this case, your squad has put itself in to bad position. You should just leave that position instead of waiting to be spotted and shot eventually. If its a no fire zone, then you shouldn't be there at all / armed. Recon? Whatever / NO.
MaSSive is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 14:10   #13
speedhound1-WYD-

thank you for flagging yourself as a rule breaker, anything else you want to admit to ?

NwA speedhound
speedhound1-WYD- is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 18:15   #14
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedhound1-WYD- View Post
thank you for flagging yourself as a rule breaker, anything else you want to admit to ?

NwA speedhound
Well oh my god.
LieutenantNessie is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-15, 23:36   #15
Smiddey723

The solution for this was simply get out of the mosque tower when he saw you, then he doesnt kill you and you don't kill him and hey what do ya' know nobody breaks any rules either.

Hurahhh. Derp.
Smiddey723 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 01:39   #16
SGT.MARCO

Here is my 2 cents
If someone is not giving my team the privacy of our own main, then i feel obligated to say that it is not a fair fight. Just sitting at main waiting for them to exit the front door. Its not recon just to sit there waiting for enemies to to step out to shoot. If i had a marksman aimed at my head, i would shoot too. You cant sit there holding rifles to there head like that. Next time dont look into their main like that, stay away from it
SGT.MARCO is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 08:02   #17
Mikemonster

If you're in main and somebody is looking in report it, simple as that. Looking into the enemy main is unnecessary when the vantage point almost always overlooks another three directions (whilst covering you from their main).

And with regards to teamkilling a teamkiller, 9/10 it's a simple case of putting up with it and reporting to admin with the !r function. Teamkillers almost always troll about in main (because they can't play well enough to enjoy being outside) meaning you can grt them kicked and banned and simply spawn in again. Some noteable exceptions but it's a straightforward and obvious solution that any grown up player accepts. Otherwise you end up with a childish tit for tat 'he stole my kit and tk' war in main, and you can see how that looks to a distracted admin.

So yes, play by the rules.

Edit: Marco, if somebody is camping one of the exits of main just report it and see what the admin think. On some maps (mainly Insurgency) it's ok (and necessary at times), whereas on others it's especially lame. Good servers understand this and more often than not a quick word to admin will have the offending players told to withdraw and/or disciplined.

If Insurgents main is camped from one or two sides then the answer is simple.. Some people need it spelling out for them though - USE THE OTHER EXITS.
Last edited by Mikemonster; 2011-12-16 at 08:12..
Old 2011-12-16, 11:58   #18
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT.MARCO View Post
Here is my 2 cents
If someone is not giving my team the privacy of our own main, then i feel obligated to say that it is not a fair fight. Just sitting at main waiting for them to exit the front door. Its not recon just to sit there waiting for enemies to to step out to shoot. If i had a marksman aimed at my head, i would shoot too. You cant sit there holding rifles to there head like that. Next time dont look into their main like that, stay away from it
What if he was scouting enemy SPG's/Gary's leaving their main?
Old 2011-12-16, 13:02   #19
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LieutenantNessie View Post
What if he was scouting enemy SPG's/Gary's leaving their main?
He wasn't.
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-16, 13:38   #20
LieutenantNessie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by saXoni View Post
He wasn't.
Okay then :3

Tags