22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-12-16, 19:37   #11
Bastiannn
Default Re: Adak - BETA Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz7 View Post
Can you provide a screenshot of this please

Below is the same window in both cases, this happened to all the windows. Don't have a screenshot of the 2nd window texture, its a bit like the normal window but more orange and foggy.

Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-16, 19:42   #12
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Thanks, can you post what graphic settings you play with, it seems to be dependant on that as I couldn't encounter this on all high.

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-16, 19:47   #13
Bastiannn

Bastiannn is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 00:35   #14
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
You can suggest an idea for a flag route.
First, Adak is overall awesome, especially the amount of detail on it. Though we don't get to experience all that detail. Standard layer is the better, and the flag order is ok, but the flags should be expanded.

Seems for this scenario there should be a total victory by one side or the other. An epic large scale experience.

The U.S. having to fight all the way to the radar station in I-12 KP-9 to win the map. Forcing the Chinese off the Island entirely.

The Chinese should fight all the way to the U.S. main on the mountain, totally overtaking Adak.

When I played it, the whole thing was won fighting over just the middle 3 flags.

If I could just do whatever I wanted:
I would split the airport into 2 North and South Flags, the residential area into 2 North and South Flags, and then the Docks into 2 East and West Flags.

Also add outlying easy flags at F3, C6, C11, and G12 (only because I think these little sparse areas are awesome)

Then I12 radar station as the final objective for the U.S., and the U.S. main for China.

But I like longer battles.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 11:26   #15
UncleSmek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
You can suggest an idea for a flag route.

Did this Round last about an hour?

Last edited by UncleSmek; 2020-12-17 at 11:41..
Old 2020-12-17, 13:35   #16
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingWalker View Post
I wish we could play it as insurgency, not realistic, but the randomness of the caches would be awesome utilize all the features and areas of the map.
Bruh, what? there's no space on this map for insurgency, the caches will always be in the same place all the time.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-17, 16:00   #17
WingWalker

What I see in my head...

ADAKmap1.jpg
Game play could probably be manipulated through cap zone requirements for the different areas.

The docks and the airfield should be the primary objectives for both sides to secure.

For the U.S. the airfield should have to be secured first before the surrounding areas, and also have a longer cap time. (Would probably give the Chinese time to advance to the middle then)

Docks should also require a longer cap time like the airfield, a harder more important objective.

The surrounding areas should need less people and less time for the flags, make it easier to hurry through them, but still utilize them.

And the Chinese have all the toys so they should have to fight their way onto the island.

UncleSmek,
I just think the big flag cap zones on your maps would be too easy to take. Like you can hide out on in something and cap it away from any action.

Smaller cap zones mean the fight gets concentrated giving more action.
Last edited by WingWalker; 2020-12-17 at 16:07..
Old 2020-12-17, 17:24   #18
InfantryGamer42

Quote:
I just think the big flag cap zones on your maps would be too easy to take. Like you can hide out on in something and cap it away from any action.
Not really true in practice. You need to clear cap zone if you want to cap. Bigger cap zones give you more options on how to do that.

Quote:
Smaller cap zones mean the fight gets concentrated giving more action.
Not really true again.
InfantryGamer42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-23, 12:08   #19
Cleber

I thnik that's a bug

Cleber is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-23, 12:16   #20
WingWalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
Not really true in practice. You need to clear cap zone if you want to cap.Not if you just have a few more people... Bigger cap zones give you more options on how to do that.

Not really true again. you don't have much credibility if you can't support your argument better than this...
Actually none of what you are saying is a truth, and none of it seems to play out in reality.

If you have a cap zone that is a 1km circle around a central flag, you don't need to be anywhere near a flag, and don't need to fight anyone.

People use this tactic all the time when you have a hiding spot in a cap zone near the edge of it and you are moving the flag by numbers of bodies in the area.

There would be no need to fight unless you are loosing the flag. So you can have a squad sitting in some hidden corner of that 1km area, and as long as they have a few more people in the cap zone than the other team, you start to take the flag.

The losing team would have to search the whole area for the other dug in team, but if they don't have the numbers it still wont matter.

It would be about numbers in the 1km area.

It would not be about fighting.

In contrast:

If you have a small circle around a flag that is just around a single building, then all players on both sides have to enter in that building and are forced into closer proximity to each other to take the objective.

So the fighting is concentrated, and more contact will happen.

If what you are saying is true, and its not, then we would have maps that just have 1 flag in the middle to win the game, and we don't.

Infact the area and scale of a 4km map needs to be considered also, the area of a cap zone on the standard layer of Adak is 500m!

You can take a nap on the moon and still cap the flag.

The fighting needs to be spread out into smaller objective areas: the air field and the docks need more than one flag to cap.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote