project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2016-04-08, 19:08   #11
Brozef
Default Re: Player dnesity on 8km x 8km map

Thank you Sir Rhino for blessing us with this map. May I ask when we can enjoy it again?
Old 2016-04-10, 12:01   #12
Daytrader

Bigger the better
Old 2016-04-10, 14:42   #13
Madar_al_Fakar

Argentinian land isn't really that close in reality to the Islands perhaps it's like 2 times that distance. Do Argentinian jets take off from that part of the map in PR?
Old 2016-04-10, 14:53   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brozef View Post
Thank you Sir Rhino for blessing us with this map. May I ask when we can enjoy it again?
When its done

But ye, at the moment kinda caught up playing Elite Dangerous so haven't made much progress on my tasks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madar_al_Fakar View Post
Argentinian land isn't really that close in reality to the Islands perhaps it's like 2 times that distance. Do Argentinian jets take off from that part of the map in PR?
In real life, its all much, much large, with the islands having an area of 12,200 km^2, but the ratio between the islands and the mainland is more or less correct, just in a much smaller scale.

And yes, the Argentine jets fly from the mainland, although they do have an A-1H (Pucura place holder) that is stationed on Pebble Island.

Old 2016-04-11, 09:13   #15
Fabio Chavez

something general on player density, do you guys actually use some kind of metrics/rule of thumb on what player density is required for pr gameplay and how to acheive it via map/mission design?
Or is that just soemthing you deal with by trial and error and experience?
Old 2016-04-11, 10:20   #16
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio Chavez View Post
something general on player density, do you guys actually use some kind of metrics/rule of thumb on what player density is required for pr gameplay and how to acheive it via map/mission design?
Or is that just soemthing you deal with by trial and error and experience?
Experience from the over 10 years that PR have been around
Old 2016-04-11, 11:29   #17
solidfire93

can't wait to get my hands on a Dassault Mirage III or a Skyhawk and blow up a ship

hang on ?! can we laze a ship !!!!!???

love you Rhino, keep up the good work m8
Old 2016-04-11, 16:47   #18
SShadowFox

Back in 0.98 the Atlantic Conveyor had laser targets sticked onto it so that aircraft with the Exocet missile could lock on to destroy it, since the BF2 engine only allows for laser targets and heat targets, and the Exocet is a Radar Guided Missile, Rhino had to put laser targets on the ship and pretend it's a radar signature of some sort that aircraft can lock to, I believe that the new ships will also have such targets to allow the use of Exocet missiles from the Argentinians, so no lasing from the ground units, in fact, I believe officers and spotters won't even have anything capable to lase with, since back in 0.98 people would keep lasing targets for exocets but they only caused damage on the ship, being useless for ground strike.
Last edited by SShadowFox; 2016-04-11 at 22:29..
Old 2016-04-11, 17:01   #19
Fabio Chavez

btw exocets should only work during the first 20 minutes until thatcher collected enough intel from the french to disable them
Old 2016-06-03, 10:46   #20
Serathis

Wait, we will have proper naval combat? o.o

Tags
8km, dnesity, map, player