project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > African Resistance Fighters
10 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
African Resistance Fighters Discussion pertaining to the African Resistance Fighters (ARF) faction.

Old 2010-09-16, 13:39   #11
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Discussion: ARF Voices

I am in agreement of english with deep african accent would be the best pick (Nigeria being a good example). Is the most universal language, wether in the world or in PR community.

This is the portuguese within me, but if we're talking about a bilingual context then I don't see why my language should be casted aside.
Old 2010-09-16, 13:54   #12
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Why would they talk English to each other? That doesn't make sense.

Edit: Perhaps I was wrong, English and French are common languages, though there are like 2000 spoken languages in Africa

Last edited by [R-DEV]AfterDune; 2010-09-16 at 17:31..
Old 2010-09-16, 14:04   #13
ChiefRyza

Sweet revive

Right back at that question, if they are a unified army, why would they speak different languages to eachother? There are hundreds of African dialects, having English or French as a standard for such an army makes more sense than having seperate. Or are we expected to go out and record 10-20 different languages worth of voiceovers for individual units/divisions?

I have alot of confidence in Sgt Doctor getting the voiceovers in, and I'm still trying to organize small ads to bring in voice actors that can speak in a strong African accent (thus far to no adue )
Old 2010-09-16, 16:15   #14
VapoMan
Retired PR Developer

If there is anyone with good recording equipment in Perth Western Australia, in my school there are lots of potential voice actors from Africa due to the many english learning classes. Not sure if they would be interested or how I would ask, since most dont understand english very well.

"Eight glorious sides and eight stunning angles!"
Old 2010-09-16, 16:59   #15
Murphy

I'd prefer if they were centered around a french dialect. Let's broaden the horizons, just because most of us understand/speak english doesn't mean we should have every faction speaking it. We have more then enough english v.o.s, I'd like to see possibly a Haitian voice actor, or at least someone speaking Creole.
Old 2010-09-16, 17:00   #16
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Give me a script and a $40 mic and ill show you voice acting

...mongol...

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Old 2010-09-16, 17:15   #17
dtacs
Supporting Member

Just use the French voices.

Honestly recording voices is a huge logistical operation, as shown when Tonnie recorded the ADF voices. Considering the ARF team is all over the world its going to be a huge challenge to keep things on the same playing field.
Old 2010-09-16, 17:50   #18
Sgt_Doctor

We could use the EU squad leader voice, who speaks in English with a bad accent (sort of French/Spanish accent). (vBF2 files, common client, sound, EU, SL, you need VLC.)

Or I agree to use the French voices.

We don't have any ressource to make some African voices.
Last edited by Sgt_Doctor; 2010-09-16 at 17:58..
Old 2010-09-16, 18:31   #19
lucky.BOY
Supporting Member

I personnaly would prefer english/french voices with bad accent, and with few words from the other language (french/english) and/or from the african languages. i would also suggest giving officer the best pronounciation copared to other classes.

Just brainstorming

-lucky

Old 2010-09-16, 19:42   #20
Wakain

new voices are not really a priority, but if the opportunity arises I think it would be more than worth it, especially with this faction, given the unusual situation.

Tags
arf, discussion, voices