project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Old 2015-01-25, 08:33   #11
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor
Default Re: Hit detection once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbrady View Post
The AK 47 just has a very wide spread on full auto, that video doesn't prove anything.
He's not complaining about him missing, he's complaining about his hits not registering which is a different issue.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 09:39   #12
[R-DEV]​Rusty_42
PR:BF2 Developer

They are registering, but didn't do enough damage, probably.
Hit points, body armour, hit detection - it's all mixing in one problem, which leads to unpleasant game experience.
Is there dedicated topic regarding this issue? Or we should expect some sort of fine tuning in next update?
Rusty_42 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 09:54   #13
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

3 body shots are the most you can take with 5.56mm rounds(and similar variants), but I can see 5 shots triggering blood, each indicating a hit. However, it appears not all 5 hits triggered damage since 3 hit are always enough to kill.

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 10:29   #14
Psyrus
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_42 View Post
They are registering, but didn't do enough damage, probably.
Hit points, body armour, hit detection - it's all mixing in one problem, which leads to unpleasant game experience.
Is there dedicated topic regarding this issue? Or we should expect some sort of fine tuning in next update?
There is no access to the engine source so nothing can be done on the side of netcode etc, not that there's all that much to do

So basically no, it's not something that can be addressed.
Psyrus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 15:45   #15
K4on
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

for devs this is probably relevant regarding the tnk issue:
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f34...andomness.html

K4on is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-25, 15:53   #16
Cpt.Future
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roque_THE_GAMER View Post
i did not know that supply crates and the ground bleeds when you shoot, that's new.
Ignore the blood effect, it's not a good hit indicator in PR (and stop spraying)

Cpt.Future is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-28, 19:48   #17
WeeD-KilleR
Supporting Member

there is something wrong with the hit detection:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NckUF5T43L0#t=125
WeeD-KilleR is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 12:43   #18
Unarmed Civilian

Body armor in a vietnam war solider? I thought they had only used Flakjackets, which were design to stop explosion fragments, certain shotgun shells, and low velocity bullets. I've been recording my PR matches, and the more I watch it, the more I see cases like this, where I shoot someone and they don't die or even get wounded. I'm the guy on the RPK video above, my ping was good, the other guy's ping was the same, I sprayed the first, then the second, I even stopped firing because of the redidsh smoke poping up, I thought it was more than enough for him to die. RPK uses either 5.45mm or 7.62mm, since it is NVA, they probably used the older 7.62 models. So that 6-7 "visually hitting shots" did not do enough damage? Sure they didn't. The guy didn't even go to critical state, when your vision gets blurry and dark. Now, if you take his m16 and shoot a vietcong toe twice, bye-bye.

IMO BLUFOR needs a nerf on their "armor". It also happens in BLUFOR vs BLUFOR, but gets ridiculously imbalanced when it's BLUFOR vs OPFOR, in the matters of damage done. For example, some insurgents using bolt action weapons, blufor should be good as dead, getting hit on the chest with those WW1/Early WW2 weapons, cmon.
Unarmed Civilian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 17:04   #19
M42 Zwilling
Retired PR Developer

None of the Vietnam factions have any form of body armor in game.

"How many posts have there been about how much better PR was back in 0.X? The fact is that if we played the older versions we would start to remember the shortcomings, but we tend to hold onto the good memories tighter than the bad ones." - Murphy
M42 Zwilling is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-03, 18:00   #20
Roque_THE_GAMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Future View Post
Ignore the blood effect, it's not a good hit indicator in PR (and stop spraying)
what can be a good hit indicator? a hit marker? oh wait.
Roque_THE_GAMER is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
detection, hit