project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2014-04-27, 14:07   #11
StevePl4y5
Default Re: PR mumble speech effect suggestion (#2?)

I'm sure this would make a lot of players, including myself, who like a little bit of immersion would love this. It would have to be optional tho, especially because some players already sound like they're talking through a chinese made walkie-talkie without the filters.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 20:05   #12
Pvt.LHeureux
-

I say yes, but only for SL to SL/CO.
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 21:40   #13
SIDEKILL3R
Supporting Member

i hope you guy do this but make it a optional
SIDEKILL3R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 05:55   #14
CR8Z
Supporting Member

I think there are certainly instances when a radio filter would be appropriate, but not necessarily all of the time. I also disabled the radio beeps in the launcher, because I didn't feel that it added anything. It was cool, and I got the point, but not what I was looking for.

If it were made optional, it would be a great thing to check out and see how it goes.

I know that using ACRE for ArmaII certainly makes the whole experience more immersive, but I'm not sure how it would translate to BF2:PR.
CR8Z is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 07:52   #15
Hayden345
Supporting Member

Maybe if it was only used for inter-squad communication or commander communication i would find it a cool feature. Generally squad members are in close quarters and they may have a dedicated channel so it would be clearer. But open, longer range communication it makes sense for.
Another thing I would suggest on the same topic would be to make all chat go through local as well as radio; but this may be annoying for some players.
Hayden345 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:35   #16
KaB
Retired PR Developer

A radio filter for SL to SL / SL to Commander should be good. And it could actually be quite useful in some way as SL would quickly identify the type of player speaking and also the importance level of what's going to be said.

And for the people wondering how it's gonna be with SL having a crappy microphone, well know this : No SL can have a crappy microphone. If you do have a crappy mic, don't be SL.

PS : I just thought about something else (still about the radio) : would it be possible to add another type of filter on the radio that would lower its quality depending on the distance between the players communicating ? (long distance -> loss of quality).

Last edited by KaB; 2014-04-28 at 13:07..
Old 2014-04-28, 17:39   #17
Spook
Supporting Member

Yeah i always wished to have that ingame, also I would like to hear people speak local even when they talk via radio. Much more immersive to hear the other squads screaming stuff into their radio and actually a good way to pick up intel your squad might not had before.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:42   #18
ElshanF

+1 for Spook
ElshanF is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:42   #19
zloyrash
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn-Tech View Post
I have disabled the squad chat beep in the launcher because i found it very spammy and frustrating/annoying.
+1
turned it off after 2 rounds

zloyrash is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 20:39   #20
Brainlaag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Yeah i always wished to have that ingame, also I would like to hear people speak local even when they talk via radio. Much more immersive to hear the other squads screaming stuff into their radio and actually a good way to pick up intel your squad might not had before.
I used to bind my squad key to the same key as my local one in older mumble versions. Not sure if it works with the new one.
Brainlaag is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
effect, mumble, speech, suggestion