project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-12-17, 17:18   #11
A_Grounded_Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by markonymous View Post
the hellfire is a laser guided missile so..
He's talking about the video... he thinks it's a LGB. I'm certainly not an expert, but I'd tend agree with him.
A_Grounded_Pilot is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 18:48   #12
Deadfast
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Grounded_Pilot View Post
He's talking about the video... he thinks it's a LGB. I'm certainly not an expert, but I'd tend agree with him.
Same here. The video is too pixelated to tell a thing from it but there seems to be no smoke trail behind.
Deadfast is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 19:42   #13
markonymous

dunno guys but it says its a hellfire but then again what do they know.
markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 20:22   #14
BloodBane611
Supporting Member

The camera view also supports the fact that it is in fact an LGB. The camera's vehicle is clearly moving at an angle to the target, as the view is rotating around the tank, not head on as apache cam is when firing a Hellfire. Also you see the weapon entering at an angle from the targeting vehicle, meaning that either the cam view we are seeing is not from the firing vehicle or that it is a jet.

So I would say either they don't know crap, or they have information they don't provide to us, i.e. that this is from an uninvolved/spotting aircraft.

[R-CON]creepin - "because on the internet 0=1"

BloodBane611 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 20:48   #15
TII

Top right hand corner has the altitude, 20000ft. MFD looks like its from a F-16.
TII is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 20:50   #16
markonymous

yea i also freezed the frame at around 9 sec it looks like 4 bombs so sry guys i should have inspected the video i bit more before posting really sorry.
markonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 21:11   #17
killer911pt

i think he has a point the hellfire missles are a little underpowered
killer911pt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 21:28   #18
Waaah_Wah
Banned

^^They kill everything in one shot dont they? Do you want to nuke half the map or something??
Waaah_Wah is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 02:50   #19
Razick

The impact in the video is not a hell fire it seemed more like a 250 pounder that was laser guided by a plane not a helicopter (notice the slight strafe).
Razick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-18, 23:43   #20
Tarthkin

Hellfire missiles work by focusing all of the missiles energy on one small area, the tip of the missile. They then proceed to "cook" everything inside. The result is that the outside may look somewhat intact but every living organism inside is destroyed. In other words, the missile would not work if it didnt hit the target.
Tarthkin is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
hellfire, missiles, weak