project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > New Zealand Def. Force
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
New Zealand Def. Force Discussion pertaining to the PR New Zealand Defence Force faction. Temporarily closed to posting.

Old 2009-02-26, 00:09   #11
Who Dares Wins

Default Re: [Proposal] New Zealand Defence Force

Not 'really'. Practically the only things they have in common is the F88 Austeyr and the ASLAV and LZLAV are similar.
Last edited by Who Dares Wins; 2009-02-26 at 00:14..
Old 2009-02-26, 00:10   #12
marcoelnk
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dares Wins View Post

Just wondering if they'd be any interest in this faction? I know theres loads of Aussies here (Thus why theres the ADF been worked on) but not so many New Zealanders.

youre right and thats why i think you should rather help the ADF instead of making a new similar factions with assets other factions already have.
Im personally not cinvinced of this idea as im not a fan of such "exotic" factions which are hardly spoken about.
I think too much time and motivation will be "wasted" in such factions as they do not have a big community such as the germans or the canadians / russians etc. and concludingly will not have many volunteers to work on it.

if these points dont bother you then keep going of course but think about it first
maybe you coudld work on the maps , ask some other factions for the necessary asstes and after some time see if it would work and pay out.

Old 2009-02-26, 05:11   #13
Madhouse

I have to agree with the above statements. The Newzeland forces are a relatively small force, even compared with Australia's own forces. And there is also the the issue of similar equipment to the ADF, The Styler, Minmi, ASLAV/NZLAV, Carl Gustoff and NH-90 Transport heli.

I don't wanna sound like a downer on this and all but Creating a New Zealand force would be a silly idea when you have the ADF faction well under way.
Old 2009-02-26, 05:19   #14
catwaterboy

Just edit the ADF mod to have a kit with fish and chips.
Old 2009-02-26, 05:53   #15
master of the templars

Then why do we have a canadia faction, there basically a cross between US Army gear and USMC gear ?
Last edited by master of the templars; 2009-02-26 at 09:23..
Old 2009-02-26, 06:15   #16
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhouse View Post
I have to agree with the above statements. The Newzeland forces are a relatively small force, even compared with Australia's own forces. And there is also the the issue of similar equipment to the ADF, The Styler, Minmi, ASLAV/NZLAV, Carl Gustoff and NH-90 Transport heli.

I don't wanna sound like a downer on this and all but Creating a New Zealand force would be a silly idea when you have the ADF faction well under way.
Why? Is the plan to get as many different assets in game as possible? Sharing assets just means less work for modelers. If anything that should encourage more factions to be made.
Old 2009-02-26, 09:19   #17
DankE_SPB
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
Why? Is the plan to get as many different assets in game as possible? Sharing assets just means less work for modelers. If anything that should encourage more factions to be made.
it think its better to finish current factions than have hundred of similar WIP factions
there are already 8 factions who have own forums+ there are peeps who are making French, Japan forces, Chinese marines and i think i forgot something

[R-DEV]Z-trooper: you damn russian bear spy ;P - WWJND?
Old 2009-02-26, 09:27   #18
triggerhappY|PR

wat about modifying the current ADF mod to create an ANZAC mod, with ADF and NZDF forces working together, seeing as how a lot of ADF units such as the SAS have a kiwi unit with them
Old 2009-02-26, 10:05   #19
stozzcheese

this wouldnt be too hard. they would have to have piss funny accents but, every australian would crack up everytime we heard them yell "requestang bick ap sirr!!"

but yeah seriously, tonnies already done a pretty kick ass styer and theres a minimi in game. the camo would need some work (it is rather ugly) but thats not too hard
Old 2009-02-26, 11:05   #20
Sights

I don't personally think it would be worth the effort, given the astonishing similarities between the NZDF and the ADF combined with the relative obscurity in terms of both size and combat deployments of the NZDF compared to other conventional forces.

But hey, if you guys are ready to put in the work to get it in the game, more power to you I say. I'm not going to try and stop you, and I think most other people would agree that whatever you do with your time is your own decision.

With that being said, I'm so tempted to tell you that your efforts would perhaps be better appreciated if you contributed them to other projects, but then, that's exactly what people told the ADF contributors when they started up, so I suppose as far as I'm concerned, that's the end of that argument.

Whatever you decide, good luck with it.

Tags
defence, faction, force, proposal, zealand