project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-05-03, 19:14   #11
sweedensniiperr
Supporting Member

Default Re: Medic Dragging Function

Oh bodies can most certainly get stuck - though i agree that it seems rarer. But so far i have not encountered anyone unrevivable.

As danesh said the way you drag is a bit awkward it would be more intuitive to click and hold. But i have a slight suspision that there's some coding BS that make this not possible.

I'm not sure why the messages pop up on the screen? This seems kind of weird for PR, you do not have that message when healing someone for example? If you drag someone you should know who it is through mumble, not by some message.

While I think it would be cool if everyone could drag i'm not sure I have decided on this point yet - gameplay wise. I need to play more.

sweedensniiperr is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 19:26   #12
[R-DEV]​AlonTavor
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweedensniiperr View Post

I'm not sure why the messages pop up on the screen? This seems kind of weird for PR, you do not have that message when healing someone for example? If you drag someone you should know who it is through mumble, not by some message.
already adjusted for next patch
AlonTavor is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 19:40   #13
XAHTEP39

It is great feature!
I hope that it is global test of dragging and every class of soldiers will make it in the nearest patch!
XAHTEP39 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-03, 21:31   #14
friendly

Every player should be able to assist in creating casualty collection points during mass casualty situations. The medic should be able to triage from cover, not risk becoming a casualty himself jeopardizing the entire unit.

Also, if possible, initiating this function with the left mouse button after selecting it would make it ubiquitous with using all the other items and functions available.
Last edited by friendly; 2020-05-04 at 12:58..
Old 2020-05-04, 11:11   #15
[R-CON]​Fastjack
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert357 View Post
Not really. It is still possible that body is stuck for example in wall and you can't move it.
Yeah, noticed too … and than i found out that you cannot drag dead dead bodies and i was trying to drag the the wrong body but his local voice in mumble confused me because the voice came right from this spot. Are you sure you was dragging the correct body?

Still not encountering any stucked wounded soldier body dragging problems.
Fastjack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-04, 13:43   #16
Danesh_italiano
Supporting Member

Also, dragging enemy bodies is very REALISTIC and people do that irl!

I only know that I know nothing. Só sei que nada sei. Sólo sé que no sé nada. So solo di non sapere nulla. Tantum scio me nihil scire. Je sais seulement que je ne sais rien. Tiedän vain, etten tiedä mitään. Ich weiss nur dass ich nichts weiss. Ek weet net dat ek niks weet nie. Wiem tylko, ?e nic nie wiem. Heoi ko ahau anake e mohio ana kahore au e mohio. Ngiyazi kuphela ukuthi angazi lutho.
Danesh_italiano is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 19:48   #17
friendly

It would cool if the next drag iteration (if changed to 'LMB') included an alternate option ('RMB') for the "fireman carry" that is more exposed [standing] but faster [walking speed] for rescuing casualties farther away from medics.

This is a nifty pick-up technique plus a bonus drag technique at the end of the video which is worth watching for the joke:

friendly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 19:55   #18
[R-MOD]FFG
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Got a video of anyone ever doing this while under fire?

FFG is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-06, 21:11   #19
friendly

Combat Obscura [58:20]
friendly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-09, 05:13   #20
UncleSmek

Awesome feature. I was sceptical at start but it adds more depth to the medic role as a whole. Very cool stuff, I think its full potential will be brought out with time.

We were playing Fallujah AAS and as I killed people peaking the corner with a grenadier so there was like four ragdolls in the same place. Their medic started dragging them behind the corner one by one, it was pretty morbid. Epic immersion.
UncleSmek is offline Reply With Quote