project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2022-01-12, 22:05   #11
dcm
Default Re: Vietnam infantry needs a slight rework.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
No, no and no.
For once we agree on something.

Psst MG42 for german automatic rifleman when?
dcm is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-12, 22:09   #12
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfantryGamer42 View Post
I am not so well informed about ToE in Vietnam, but if we go off by "logic only", I really do not see reason why scouts would not have bolt action rifle or carabine version of rifle as there Alt primary (both in game and IRL). PPSh-41, MAT-49 and carbine version of Mosin Nagant (M38 and M44) all have around 4kg of mass, while M1 carbine has even less, aka they are all "light".

In short, I am all in for NVA scout to get either M1 carbine or Mosin Nagant M44 carbine (if we have one, as I can not remember which variant we have in game) as there alt primary.
Please no bolt action. It's slow and laborious. The bf2 engine wasn't built for slow ass innacurate bolt action gameplay. Sniper rifles are a different story. You're meant to camp with them. Regular bolt actions suffer from the 6 second inaccuracy penalty too. The only game that ever did bolt action gameplay right was CoD2.
Old 2022-01-13, 11:55   #13
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
No, no and no.
Well if its not better, it does the job for me. I prefer it over the AKs on vietnam. For some reason since the last weapons update I can't kill shit with all ak variants unless I empty the mag on them or I semi fire them. It's more of a personal skill issue than anything else I guess.
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-13, 17:38   #14
dcm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coalz101 View Post
Well if its not better, it does the job for me. I prefer it over the AKs on vietnam. For some reason since the last weapons update I can't kill shit with all ak variants unless I empty the mag on them or I semi fire them. It's more of a personal skill issue than anything else I guess.
It's the irons. The hooded front sight draws your eye more to the center of the target. It's why some people swear by the type 56 variants. I personally like the open top AK sights more, because it's better for scanning for side to side targets. The scoped sks shows you just how inaccurate the simonov really is. Same with the scoped AK74. If we had a scoped AKM variant you'd see it's true (in)accuracy potential too. My favorite accurate fire iron sights are the AR-15 type. Most preferably on the M16A4. The tiny front sight post is just perfect. M4 front sight post is just too big. The L85A2 also has good irons. M1 garand/carbine. Dont like them. SMLE also has good irons but it's bolt action. As soon as you move your mouse the gun gets way too inaccurate. Lee-Enfield has good accurate irons too. Worst irons for me are for the FAMAS.