project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-08, 16:34   #11
Predator.v2
Default Re: 1.0 DM Rifles Lost Accuracy?

Go prone, wait 1s after each shot and 1s after fast mouse movement (we hopefully achieved, that slow mouse movement doesn't affect tun deviation).

I have played a lot of PR1.0 these last days and marksman has always been one of my favorite kits. Just to confirm my point, i just joined a muttrah server and laid down on a docks crane, with MECs attacking docks. Had 8 kills after 2-3 minutes (inf squad tried to cross a street i covered), almost each headshot hit.

Important! If you try to hit moving targets, aim in front of them and let them run into your aim. That way the turn dev shouldn't affect your aiming (which might ruin your accuracy) and try to shoot prone, whenever its possible.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 18:36   #12
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Also just tested the suppressed Mk12 and the AR-10. Went prone, waited 14 seconds and fired at a cement pillar at 250m, the shots hit the pillar, but always left or right of where I'm aiming. If i were aiming at a human head peeking from cover i would've missed every shot. These rifles are supposed to be sub MOA ffs.
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 16:13   #13
Tarranauha200

SVD seems to work fine in a deployed mode. I hit target from about 200-300 meters with first shot and was able to fire pretty accurate shots with 2-3 seconds beetween them.
Tarranauha200 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 18:26   #14
Wing Walker

This is one of many test shots from today, after the latest update, 08/09/13, with the same results, with no lag. I have video but am posting screen shots for simplicity.

Conditions:
- Rameil Inf: single player co-op
- 139 Meter target
- Deployed
- Prone
- None moving target for 3mins
- "Settled" for 1 minute and 20 seconds 1 minute before starting the video, and 20 seconds after.
- No cross hair movement at all from center mass of target
- Fired
- Result:
a. The .308 bullet impacted the hill 73 meters short of the target
b. Impact 6 MILS low of the aim point
c. Impact point 66 meters from the shooter.
d. Recoil shifted the cross hairs low right of the target.
This shows the impact of the bullet at 66 meters, I also marked the original aim point... 1 minute and 20 seconds of settle time.
1min20secSettle.bmp
This shows the actual metered range of the target using the Spotter kit GLTD showing 139m.
139Mtargetaimpoint.bmp
This shows the actual metered range of the impact area of the bullet with the Spotter's GLTD showing 66m.
66Mimpactpoint.bmp
The Manual
DMmarksmen copy.bmp
Sorry for them being so huge...
Last edited by Wing Walker; 2013-08-09 at 18:44..
Old 2013-08-09, 20:43   #15
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Well, if the scientific method is still accepted as an honest way to test things, i'd say your number are off, Predator.v2
Henrique_Dalben is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:24   #16
Predator.v2

Accordingly to the numbers, a prone deployed marksman has about half the deviation of a prone assault rifle.

Accordingly to some field tests, shots upon a 70m distant wall all grouped with around 1-2 cm spread (on the wall). No idea, how you are shooting Sharps..

Accordingly to ingame experience, i pop one head after the other.

Maybe deployed marksman could need some turn deviation balancing, but thats it.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 01:45   #17
ShockUnitBlack

In v.98 you could do bulls-eye accurate double taps while standing in deployed mode at pretty much any practical range (after settling of course). Just sayin'.
ShockUnitBlack is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 04:20   #18
Henrique_Dalben
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predator.v2 View Post
Accordingly to the numbers, a prone deployed marksman has about half the deviation of a prone assault rifle.

Accordingly to some field tests, shots upon a 70m distant wall all grouped with around 1-2 cm spread (on the wall). No idea, how you are shooting Sharps..

Accordingly to ingame experience, i pop one head after the other.

Maybe deployed marksman could need some turn deviation balancing, but thats it.
A 2cm spread using a sub-moa rifle at 70 meters is unnaceptable. 1 MOA at 100 meters is ~ 2.9cm, a sub moa rifle should shoot a less than 2.9cm wide group at 100m. And i seriosuly doubt you're "poping one head after the other." as it's impossible to hit a human head at more than 200 meters with it, as at 70m it has a 2cm spread, at 200m a human head is smaller than the grouping the rifle is capable.

EDIT: Just tested the French HK 417, it too, cannot hit ANY targets past 300m. It's just useless, after 40 seconds waiting for deviation to settle, and waiting 3 seconds between shots, it can't hit a standing man after firing a full mag.
Last edited by Henrique_Dalben; 2013-08-10 at 05:18..
Old 2013-08-10, 07:43   #19
HeadlessChicken86

------------
Last edited by HeadlessChicken86; 2014-10-17 at 07:23..
Old 2013-08-10, 14:43   #20
wretchedegg

DM kits I've tried:

Ger 417 on Wanda Shan[COOP]: Couldn't hit anything at 100m
French 417 [EoTech] Op Marlin Std[COOP]: Accurate Enough
USMC Marksman (both) Ramiel Alt[COOP]: Wide spread at 100m
SVD Saaremaa Std[LOCAL]: Accurate
wretchedegg is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, lost, rifles