project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-02-10, 20:53   #11
Lord Jesus
Banned
Default Re: Crouch to standing shot accuracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
It's true, we don't have full range of movement in video games. So peaking over a wall isn't like it would be in real life.

But, what we do have in video games is a lot of absolutes. Which results in super human abilities like this wack-a-mole tactic.

When a player hides behind an object and pops up, they can aim, and then crouch again. As long as they do not move their mouse, the instant they pop back up, their weapon will be aimed EXACTLY where it was the last time they popped up. When dealing with targets at over 100m, it's a super human ability.

I don't accept this "we can't peak, so zero deviation is a good thing" argument.
The shooter who aims at where the target should pop up still has the advantage, because the target has less time to fixate his aim on the shooter who already has been firmly planted.

If we add deviation from crouching to standing. There will be no method of taking out targets that have already zeroed in on your position unless you flank them or use grenades. If you get killed by a whack a mole. It's because your reflexes are not up to par with the enemy. Besides, you shouldn't be camping in the same spot once the enemy has located your position, that is just being ignorant.
Lord Jesus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:11   #12
badmojo420
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Jesus View Post
The shooter who aims at where the target should pop up still has the advantage, because the target has less time to fixate his aim on the shooter who already has been firmly planted.

If we add deviation from crouching to standing. There will be no method of taking out targets that have already zeroed in on your position unless you flank them or use grenades. If you get killed by a whack a mole. It's because your reflexes are not up to par with the enemy. Besides, you shouldn't be camping in the same spot once the enemy has located your position, that is just being ignorant.
When two people know where each other are, the one popping up from behind cover shouldn't have zero deviation change. Not when every other type of movement has an effect on it. The system needs to be consistent. People know how to abuse the system, just because you haven't noticed, doesn't mean it never happens. Player reflexes have nothing to do with it.

A slight deviation wouldn't ruin the game. People playing normally would most likely not even notice it. Only people trying to abuse the 'glitch' would.
badmojo420 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 01:59   #13
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Jesus View Post
Move 1 inch to the side = win...

If you are the one that is pinned down, I suggest you suppress the target while moving sideways. And/or sprint awayy...
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 02:16   #14
Calhoun

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmojo420 View Post
A slight deviation wouldn't ruin the game. People playing normally would most likely not even notice it. Only people trying to abuse the 'glitch' would.
You could wait for the enemy to stand and then try and shoot him in the head, but this isn't Counter-Strike. Suppress the enemy and he will be unable to stand and effectively engage you. Then there won't be the need to implement this deviation, where it will apply to an engagement that is already in your favor if you're "playing normally".
Calhoun is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 02:57   #15
[R-DEV]​Tim270
PR:BF2 Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
You could wait for the enemy to stand and then try and shoot him in the head, but this isn't Counter-Strike. Suppress the enemy and he will be unable to stand and effectively engage you. Then there won't be the need to implement this deviation, where it will apply to an engagement that is already in your favor if you're "playing normally".
Suppression does nothing to deviation though. If you stand up, put your sight on a enemy, crouch back down, wait a few secs, pop up and fire 1-2 shots you will just kill them regardless of how much fire they are putting towards you.

Tim270 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 06:25   #16
dunem666

crouch to standing shot?

what about AR gunners pronce to crouch - zero deviation = suckage.
dunem666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 07:10   #17
TmanEd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
Suppression does nothing to deviation though. If you stand up, put your sight on a enemy, crouch back down, wait a few secs, pop up and fire 1-2 shots you will just kill them regardless of how much fire they are putting towards you.
Top secret uber effective combat tactic: Occasionally scoot a bit to the side.
TmanEd is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-11, 10:25   #18
Lord Jesus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by goguapsy View Post
Move 1 inch to the side = win...

If you are the one that is pinned down, I suggest you suppress the target while moving sideways. And/or sprint awayy...
In that case, deviation would not matter. Because if the target moves to relocate even a few inches away from where your aiming, that's a strategy on its own which I use all the time.
Old 2011-02-11, 10:32   #19
Lord Jesus
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim270 View Post
It's the same in real life, if I have you zeroed in on my sights. And I lower myself behind cover while keeping my aiming stance. When I shift my body upwards out of cover, my aim has not changed. Like I said, because PR has no peek system. This mirrors the same tactic used in the field. I have friends who served in combat operations. And if they have no option but to go around that corner and engage the enemy who is aware of their position, they use the same tactic. The firing stance is never the same position you use when in combat. That's a training method that only applies to the firing range. In real war, you are forced into uncomfortable positions sometimes due to battlefield conditions.
Old 2011-02-11, 11:06   #20
Mellanbror

What if raising stance (from crouched to standing) was a slower motion? One ducks fast, but raises slow.
Mellanbror is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
accuracy, crouch, shot, standing