project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2020-05-10, 17:05   #11
SovietBear4
Default Re: Mini map

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Yeah, would be nice to have it on the commander camera or just making a whole new seat as a commander for a vehicle.
NO, it needs to be the same as it was. Mini map was a thing for over 10 years and no one complained, the game has some glaring bugs to this day, but they decide to mess with something that was never broken, was never arcady. This makes absolutely no sense.
SovietBear4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-10, 17:11   #12
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBear4 View Post
NO, it needs to be the same as it was. Mini map was a thing for over 10 years and no one complained, the game has some glaring bugs to this day, but they decide to mess with something that was never broken, was never arcady. This makes absolutely no sense.
It is semi arcady as a commander in a vehicle is the only one who would have accesses to the FBCB2 or equivalent.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 04:14   #13
SovietBear4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
It is semi arcady as a commander in a vehicle is the only one who would have accesses to the FBCB2 or equivalent.
still, its not immersion breaking. and it had no reason to be removed
SovietBear4 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 07:22   #14
[R-MOD]Nate.
Forum Moderator
Supporting Member

Why was it done?

Aesthetics, but also this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9-voINFkCg

Nate. is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-12, 13:16   #15
Coalz101

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietBear4 View Post
Pretty sure in a war vehicles have a GPS, hence the minimap. Removing the minimap is dumb, unintuitive and honestly doesn't make any sense whatsoever.
I think all the vehicles have a minimap though atleast from 1.5 IDK what happened in 1.6 but I'm pretty sure I've been seeing my minimap in vehicles all the time. (Maybe besides trucks and jeeps) With the exception of world war 2 vehicles, would you even expect a minimap in world war 2?
Coalz101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-07, 21:45   #16
hairyballs

add back
hairyballs is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 23:54   #17
WingWalker

The change isn't that drastic, you just need to take a second to look at the map instead of having the mini map, though you have to stop your vehicle to look or drive blind.

I don't feel it improved anything, just made the process more choppy.
WingWalker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 11:55   #18
T.E.D.F4257845
PR:BF2 QA Tester

Would it be possible to have the minimap only for the driver and not the gunner? That way it would keep the requirement for the gunner to triple check the targets while also adding the extra need for communication between the two crewmembers with the reduced risk of assets running into friendly mines or ramming friendly vics that may come around the corner.

"Never underestimate the power of BRDMs in large groups"
T.E.D.F4257845 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-19, 13:08   #19
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

That's a good idea, since the driver is also the commander in PR's way of armored vehicles, it would make sense for him to have some sort of "navigation" easily accessible

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2021-01-11, 15:22   #20
rogdozz

Yes, please add minimap just for driver. It increases communication between driver-gunner and prevents friendly mine incidences
rogdozz is offline Reply With Quote