project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Map Strategies
08 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2011-03-21, 16:08   #11
Rico
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: Fallujah tactics

A sniper team on the arches usually works quite well as you have a great view of the city, able to engage targets and provide intel. If its all quiet, a quick reposition more central on a tall building near the main road will provide a great recon spot. Usually need a second man with a rope to assist climbing and spotting and general protection.
Rico is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 16:10   #12
Mouthpiece
Supporting Member

I've seen alot of people driving the APC in the NE part of the map. It's a suicide most of the times, so please don't do it. Last two times playing Fallujah I can clearly remember myself RPG'ing or IED'ing one of those pesky APC's. Lots of flanking routes.
Mouthpiece is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 18:33   #13
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico View Post
A sniper team on the arches usually works quite well as you have a great view of the city, able to engage targets and provide intel. If its all quiet, a quick reposition more central on a tall building near the main road will provide a great recon spot. Usually need a second man with a rope to assist climbing and spotting and general protection.
Agree. I rarely get into a recon squad but the last time I created one, it only took only me and the sniper to be effective (intel for the team btw, not "lets shoot anything that moves"). That's really anyone you will ever need (perhaps a very discrete medic onboard too), otherwise the Arch would be subject to constant assaults and the loss of tickets. Infantry should be seeking caches, not making company to recon members.

The great way to make the Arch impenetrable is to put a tripflare on each ladder. By that, I mean on the first level and positioned in a way that a head on the way up will trip it.
This way you will be always alarmed and safe.
Arc_Shielder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-21, 20:59   #14
Pronck
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Any APC which is in the situation where they are next to an alley has already made a fatal mistake.
Well sometimes the enemy will just flank you even when you are not standing next to an alley though. But even then you can be flanked easily in fallujah. And APCs can move into the city when they are combined with infantry and mumble. Just make mech. inf. squads with a combat engi and you'll we able to survive for a long time.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 03:06   #15
mosinmatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost-recon View Post
Well sometimes the enemy will just flank you even when you are not standing next to an alley though. But even then you can be flanked easily in fallujah. And APCs can move into the city when they are combined with infantry and mumble. Just make mech. inf. squads with a combat engi and you'll we able to survive for a long time.
Personally. I hate it when a piece of armor goes off, especially into a city, without infantry backup. At least a humvee would be good, that way if you get civi mobbed, your shotgunner jumps out and arrests some, and scares others off.
In reality, armor never operates without close infantry support.
mosinmatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-09, 15:29   #16
Pronck
Supporting Member

Another one for the infantry if I haven't said it before; Keep the F*ck moving! You will get easliy outflanked in this map when sitting in a building, not to forget the mortars and garies. If you have a guy continously screaming enemy 160 I will take him out while that enemy hasn't spotted you, put a bullet in the back of his head. The pistol isn't made for engaging but for executing annoying squadmembers whom are kill whores.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-17, 17:33   #17
Danger_6

It's all about long range suppression. Blufor have far superior weapons at range. They have incredible asset support also.

Get inf squads into different compounds and set up fire positions from there. Have APCs on hand giving fire support. When the cache spawns use APCs to keep heads down in windows etc. Once the rate of fire from the insurgents has been reduced move up slowly. Stop in compounds along the way to the cache. When you get as close as possible, let loose with everything. Again when fire is reduced significantly move up with an assaulting team.

Many blufor teams on insurgent maps don't take advantage of their superior firepower at range! This is their downfall. They usually end up malcoordinated and rushing caches. This is wrong. TAKE YOUR TIME WHEN ASSAULTING. If you get man down, wait 2 mins for him so that if he is downed again you don't lose the ticket.

Also, if the cache is in the city DO NOT SEND IN APCs. Sure way for them to get destroyed. APCs are not combat vehicles. They provide fire support. APCs should not be used in any other way.

Moving through the city will be a lot more difficult. Just move from house to house. Take your time.
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-18, 19:31   #18
Curry
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_6 View Post
...If you get man down, wait 2 mins for him so that if he is downed again you don't lose the ticket.
ure loosing a ticket anyway - but u should not care about the ticket ure loosing, more about the fact that a sqd-member has to respawn somewhere else and is walking around by himself. on FW u are most of the time not able to drop a rally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_6 View Post
...Moving through the city will be a lot more difficult. Just move from house to house. Take your time.
the INS team got CQB advantage, so if u need to much time ure a easy target. the insurgents are simply respawning and atk'ing again. ure loosing tickets and time. so sometimes its better to rush in and atk from another angle.

i totally agree on the long range advantage!

Curry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-06, 14:21   #19
Winstonkalkaros

And i thought no one has any tactics to provide on this map....
Winstonkalkaros is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:50   #20
mattnett1
Banned

I agree, don't go underground, I mean all people do for defence is camp down and that. But here is how to destroy it:
Have ONE squad destroy it underground, secure teh underground, then ANOTHER squad defend that squad. or have 3 people destroy and 3 people defend.
mattnett1 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fallujah, tactics