project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR Feedback Archives > PR v0.87 Feedback Forum
17 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2008-11-17, 20:36   #11
Waaah_Wah
Banned
Default Re: The SKS bayonet looks pretty stupid

It could use some extra range tho...
Old 2008-11-17, 20:54   #12
jbgeezer

The bayonet is usefull somethimes, it has shorter draw time than the knife, and it has acctually saved me a couple of times, and earned me some kills
Old 2008-11-17, 21:51   #13
drs79
Supporting Member

I think that's the Fail Title of the Century........if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all...i learned (i don't know what learnt means) that from my parents.

Moj, why don't you suggests an alternative in the suggestion forum, or maybe someone else has suggested something that you might like or not......
Old 2008-11-18, 15:27   #14
moj

Starnge, I don't see any failure in it. Perhaps you'd care to explain?

Sorry for having an opinion and voicing it. I'll just shut up and be a good drone.

That's interesting about the Mosin-Nagant though, I wonder how it works with the sniper version then, since these are merely the most accurate rifles selected from the regular factory line (yet they never obviously were/are used with bayonets).

In a modern context, bayonets are used for controlling prisoners and as a "last resort" weapon for close quarters combat, in cases where a soldier is out of ammo or if a weapon has jammed. However, they are not normally fitted to weapons except when such situations are at hand, because the bayonet impairs long-range accuracy, as its weight alters the rifle's balance.

Bayonet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically, with bayonet extended the SKS is going to be more unbalanced unless it was designed to be fired with bayonet extended. I'd be surprised if it was, even if the Nagant was designed this way, bear in mind it's design is a hell of a lot older than the SKS. Fighting methods had changed considerably by then.
Old 2008-11-18, 19:14   #15
drs79
Supporting Member

i wasn't trying to disrespect your post moj, the title was just a bit rude IMHO, i mean, think of the people or person involved in animating and creating the SKS Bayonet to be used in game. Do you think after putting all that hard work into it and then having to read a topic titled "the sks bayonet is stupid" is really a nice thing? Maybe titling it, "Questions/suggestions in regards to the SKS Bayone" might be a better fitting title.

Also, the insurgents have to use the weapons they can get their hand on. In the Vietnam War US soldiers confiscated hand made rifles, or even WW2 era rifles.

I can see how the bayonet might make it unbalanced, but it can be a nifty little CQB or CQW (close quarter wooded terrain) weapon that can come in handy when meeting an unsuspecting US soldier in the woods or in one of the villages, and it packs a devasting punch, even if you don't kill the player, and you die, that player now has to find a medic, or ammo to stop himself from bleeding, and puts him in harms way no matter what.

I have only used the bayonet weapon a handful of times, but i have had the chance to bayonet soldiers who have come into my village at korengal, and i have been killed by it several times and it has scared the bejesus out of me, it really is like getting stab in the back.

Tags
bayonet, pretty, sks, stupid