project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding > Modding Tutorials
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modding Tutorials Information and tutorials related to modding BF2.

Old 2011-06-08, 16:36   #11
billoute
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Map Tutorial] AASv4

Thanks Rhino ,now I see more clear !

If I have understood, the step of this account is 100 and the tickets number decrease by X tickets per minute (specified in the init.con --> gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin 1 10 and gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin 2 10 , I suppose )
In fact ,no need to used the item "EnemyTicketLossWhenCaptured" in the editor for the aas game mod.

This leaves many opportunities in the construction of the game

La faim justifie les moyens ......
billoute is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 17:01   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]billoute View Post
Thanks Rhino ,now I see more clear !

If I have understood, the step of this account is 100 and the tickets number decrease by X tickets per minute (specified in the init.con --> gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin 1 10 and gameLogic.setTicketLossPerMin 2 10 , I suppose )
That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]billoute View Post
In fact ,no need to used the item "EnemyTicketLossWhenCaptured" in the editor for the aas game mod.
That option shouldn't be used as I'm pretty sure it says in my audit tut, its buggy and if a defending side lets the enemy neutralize there flag, kill them off and recap it, the attacking team loose points again for not being able to follow though with there attack which sucks

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 01:23   #13
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Thanks for pasting that info Rhino. The only thing I would add is that the final flag doesn't have to be 99999. It could be 100, 200, or in some rare cases nothing at all. It depends on the set-up and which team(s) need the bleed in order for the map to play successfully.

AFsoccer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 01:28   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

if you have a slow bleed on the final flag (which you get without setting it to 999999) you get situations where 99% of the team that's been capped out are all dead and can't spawn since they don't have any flags to spawn on and there is one sniper hiding in a bush somewhere which the other team can't find and everyone just gets really pissed off for ages. Use to happen a lot in PR before we added the final flag with 999999 area values.

With the area value at 999999, ye the opposite team doesn't have much of a chance to recap there main (even thou tbh that's very unlikley to happen) but it means that the game is over in under a minute and even if the other team did manage to recap there flag, they wouldn't have enough tickets to win even if they could pull off an amazing counter attack, which if they can they should have done it sooner

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 01:32   #15
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

That's why I said it depends on the set-up. With some maps, the mapper didn't assign the spawns to the last flag... so the team can still spawn in and fight to get it back. So yeah, most maps may need a 99999, but not all... that's what I wanted him to know.

Old 2012-11-28, 12:09   #16
therazer

Hello. We are planning small event. But i need help with flags. (of course server will be passworded)

Who can remove on this map all AAS routes except
BLUE ( RU FO => City => Pumping Station => Hilltop Fort => Farm => PLA FO )
GREEN ( Ru FO => City => Oil Storage => Hilltop => Farm => PLA FO )
RED (RU FO => City => Pumping Station => Oil Storage => Hilltop => PLA FO )
therazer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:17   #17
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

hey razer, did you ask vapoman if this was ok to edit his map?

Mineral is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 13:28   #18
therazer

Can i get link to profile?
therazer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-28, 19:17   #19
AFsoccer
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therazer View Post
Can i get link to profile?
Project Reality Forums - View Profile: [R-DEV]VapoMan

Make sure it's okay. Maybe he'll even make the changes for you, if he's not too busy.

Old 2013-01-09, 11:19   #20
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

what if i want, lets say 1 mainbase for each team and then 3 neutral flags? this means 1 attack routes for each team, but I can only put one SGID/CP so that means only one team will be able to attack ??

And btw, is it possible to work with the editor at the same time i am working in my maps con/text files? Or do i need to close the editor everytime i want to make changes in textfiles of the map ?
Ason is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aasv4, control, create, game, map, mode, points, tutorial