project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > Project Reality Mod Archives > PR General Discussion Archives
28 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2006-09-21, 17:40   #11
.:iGi:.NinjaJedi

yeah i think the best class for SL s medic, stay low, but not too far away from the action...
Old 2006-09-21, 17:55   #12
Hx.Clavdivs

This is like an extremely difficult math problem.

If A (beeing the SL) has 5 B's (beeing competent squadmembers), role as mobile spawn and close to hotzone, but outside danger, equals win. Or draw. Depending on factor X. X beeing hostiles.

If A has 5 C's (beeing total nutjobs squadmembers), role as pathfinder and virtual gunny sergeant screaming its head of, rushing and pushing, equals draw or slaughter. Depending on factor X.

If Z (beeing hostiles) are complete incompetent, both tactics will result in win.
Old 2006-09-21, 20:28   #13
coolhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrD
as the game progresses, spawn time becomes longer and longer, so having an SL safe and sound very close to the enemy flag is a HUGE bonus to taking that flag.

there are times when the SL cna throw away his life, like in delaying enemy that might not reach the next fall back flag before enough friendlies spawn in, but half the game you're better used as a mobile spawn point.

QFT! SL's should stay back in certain occasions and attack with his squad on other times. It is of course a lot more helpful (and fun) when your SL attacks with the whole squad, but sometimes it is necessary to send in his troops for the first or second wave while he or she hides away. Attacking the next capture point usually means rushing a heavily defended area and the odds of winning it are against the attackers. Having a spawnpoint closeby saves the people who die the time it takes to travel to the CP. Of course, after your men have killed the enemy SLs at the flag you're trying to take, it's safe to move in.
Old 2006-09-21, 21:22   #14
Top_Cat_AxJnAt

Squad leaders need to be assult OR grenadia (or watever they call in .4 OR what carries ammo bags) ...

BECUASE Squad leaders 2nd priortiy (1st being survial and successfullnes of his men through carefull orders) is to stay alive - to do this he must be able to defend him self in the best possible way with out compramising his 1st priority - carrying ammo bags is semi vital to this THEREFORE assult kit (gren) is the best option. The assult rifel that comes with it, is also a vital part and gives him excellent close/medium range defence or attack capability.

This combination is perfect and makes almost all othe kit far less usefull in comparison.

The balance of movement and hiding is one SL's must judge very carefully - too much or too little can result in death OR unsuccessful attacks or defences.
The map must also be taken into account - different terrain allows for a different balance e.g. on mao valley (new jungle one, as SL) i was able to get within 25m of the chinese falg and hide in the long grass - enabled squad memebr to move up quickly if they died and for me to remain alive for along time while in still in enemy territory.
Old 2006-09-21, 21:33   #15
00SoldierofFortune00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top _Cat the great
Squad leaders need to be assult OR grenadia (or watever they call in .4 OR what carries ammo bags) ...

BECUASE Squad leaders 2nd priortiy (1st being survial and successfullnes of his men through carefull orders) is to stay alive - to do this he must be able to defend him self in the best possible way with out compramising his 1st priority - carrying ammo bags is semi vital to this THEREFORE assult kit (gren) is the best option. The assult rifel that comes with it, is also a vital part and gives him excellent close/medium range defence or attack capability.

This combination is perfect and makes almost all othe kit far less usefull in comparison.

The balance of movement and hiding is one SL's must judge very carefully - too much or too little can result in death OR unsuccessful attacks or defences.
The map must also be taken into account - different terrain allows for a different balance e.g. on mao valley (new jungle one, as SL) i was able to get within 25m of the chinese falg and hide in the long grass - enabled squad memebr to move up quickly if they died and for me to remain alive for along time while in still in enemy territory.
Agreed. Assault is probably the best class a SL can get. I would take support second and then medic. The reason why is because after assault, the SL can be a SAW gunner and stay on a corner and cover his men and also have body armor. I would chose medic third because he will be too tempted to medic a friendly and he would have to be really good to do that along with the limited weaponry and armor.
Old 2006-09-21, 22:58   #16
DanDan

when ever im a squad leader and im also a sniper i try to command my troops to move up and i cover them from a roof top or somthing, then when they go into a command post i dont go in and capture i try to stay out of the way and take out people from a long range.
Old 2006-09-22, 03:02   #17
Dylan

If I am sniper and SL which I am sometimes,(I name my squad overwatch as that is what I do as sniper) I cover an active engagment zone from a medium distance. If I do get a bunch of whiners who complain about me doing my job, I will just suicide rush and change kits. But by naming your squad effectivly to somthing such as mine, you shouldnt see issues.
Old 2006-09-22, 12:36   #18
.:iGi:.NinjaJedi

Quote:
I would chose medic third because he will be too tempted to medic a friendly

excellent point SOF, but i like the fact i can sprint fast and heal myself/other players....

obviously you have to fight the urge to do a hero and dodgy bullets while reviving....
Old 2006-09-22, 19:06   #19
RikiRude
Retired PR Developer

If you want to make the most out of your squad leader you keep him in the middle of the group. You assign a point man to lead. And your squad leader takes shots just like anyother soldier. I like it best when the SL is an assualt personally. I don't like SLs that are medics because it's an added risk when they revive, and I like a SL that isn't afraid to pick up a dead medics kit when he has to.

The only times I'm a sniper and a SL is if I'm working with a recon squad or a duh, sniper pair. You sit back and have your medic and support or medic and assualt members harass the enemy and know that they have me at a distance telling them where enemies are and picking them off, and if things go bad, they know ill hide and they can spawn on me.

Proud n00b tub3r of 5 spam bots!
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]2Slick4U
That's like being the smartest kid with down syndrome.
Old 2006-09-22, 19:17   #20
Thunder

with out very good communticion a squad leader sniper cant see what hes sending his troops into or what to do next when the fail/succesfully cap the flag does he keep on attacking or defend, rarelly does he get enought infomation to make that desision

Tags
sls, sniper