project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Norwegian Forces
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Norwegian Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Norwegian Forces faction.

Old 2010-04-02, 04:13   #11
FPaiva

Default Re: [Mass Update] HK-416/ 417

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amok@ndy View Post
wow what a long post

looks awesome but please not camos for weapons it make the weapons look so unrealistic
Actual pictures of the Norwegian Military and affiliates:
(the same who i used to produce the camo points variants, but, as i said, since i don't know how to make the camo work good over my textures i didn't managed to make it perfect, but, in my opinion it still good for being used in-game)

http://www.optactical.com/weaponpainting.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
Right. And Also there is a ColorMapGloss Shader that needs to be removed.
Norwegians, and PSC were gonna be using the Rails.
I have no idea about dutch.

i'll get in contact with Glim
I'm quite lost... KP managed to preserve the previous UV maps? so the texture can be the same? If no, the team managed to get a new UV Map/ Texture for it?
Old 2010-04-02, 05:02   #12
Wilkinson

Like i said I dont know really much of what's going on regarding HKs so once I know I'll send you a msg.
Old 2010-04-02, 05:50   #13
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Wow looks great, nice job.

Old 2010-04-02, 08:34   #14
lexmyr

Smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]FPaiva View Post
When i was here, KP told me that even if the Norwegian military don't uses Rail covers on theirs 416s, they where going to be placed in-game, due to model/ game optipization, where a higher poly model is more slow to read, also, jonhandreas, the senior military advisor here, said that it don't have any problems to add the covers in game.
Some units do have railcovers, including mine.

By the way, to me it looks like the buttstock is at it's longest? Afaik not many use it like that. The pimp my gun-length looks better to me

But nice job.
Old 2010-04-02, 09:19   #15
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilkinson View Post
Right. And Also there is a ColorMapGloss Shader that needs to be removed.
Norwegians, and PSC were gonna be using the Rails.
I have no idea about dutch.

i'll get in contact with Glim
I prefer the RIS version over the cover version.

Old 2010-04-02, 10:45   #16
Maxfragg

if only you could coordinate the work, so that it does not need to be done 3 times, can't remember, how many "final" HK416 versions i've seen, but so far i perfer the new RIS version, as long as its not too polygon heavy
Old 2010-04-02, 14:16   #17
Amok@ndy
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]FPaiva View Post
Actual pictures of the Norwegian Military and affiliates:
(the same who i used to produce the camo points variants, but, as i said, since i don't know how to make the camo work good over my textures i didn't managed to make it perfect, but, in my opinion it still good for being used in-game)
i didnt said that i dont believe the NORs use the camo versions of the weapon i just wanted to say that the renders of your camo version have lost the textures that would make them look like real

they look like softguns

Old 2010-04-02, 15:03   #18
FPaiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
I prefer the RIS version over the cover version.
Yeah, but there is not point making details who will be over something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfragg View Post
if only you could coordinate the work, so that it does not need to be done 3 times, can't remember, how many "final" HK416 versions i've seen, but so far i perfer the new RIS version, as long as its not too polygon heavy
I know, but this time, since i have updated both 416 and 417, i'll not work on them anymore. But since i don't know what's is going on with the rest of the team in the past days, where new versions of the model came, i can't tell that this one will be the final for this faction. For now, it's the final only for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexmyr View Post
Smooth

Some units do have railcovers, including mine.

By the way, to me it looks like the buttstock is at it's longest? Afaik not many use it like that. The pimp my gun-length looks better to me

But nice job.
The 416 lenght is made by KP, the modeller, the 417 was made by me, to look similar do the 417, but that is a easy fix-up detail, who can be done by the exporting time. Also, the retracted lenght is the most appropriate to the mod, since the current one makes the buttstock clip the player model:

Last edited by FPaiva; 2010-04-02 at 15:11..
Old 2010-04-02, 15:21   #19
KP
Retired Moderator

Well, I'm not all that up-to-date myself, and there's been a fair bit of to-ing and fro-ing, but here's the status of the HK416 models as per now:
I've, as requested by NF leads, made a version of the HK416 with the rails modelled. This was originally done just to see how it would turn out. As it wasn't too poly-heavy due to the way the rails are made, it was decided that I'd model the same versions as before, but with rails instead of rail covers. Just got back from a Denmark trip, so haven't had time to finish all the different versions yet, but some are made and need uploading.

However, I love your work here. Awesome!
Old 2010-04-02, 15:23   #20
FPaiva

But you preserved the UV maps?

So it won't need a new texture.

Tags
417, hk416 or, mass, update