project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Modelling & Animations
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Modelling & Animations Everything but Static Objects

Old 2015-10-04, 22:14   #11
Zeno

Default Re: [Vehicle] CV9030 IFV [WIP](FDF,NOR)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kovanaama View Post
Do we have any Devs that know how to make tracks? I can make UV:s for this one and textures but i need to know that we have even chance to get this in the game, otherwise its just waste of my time since i dont know any coding.
It will be used by both NF and FDF so i wouldnt say its a waste of time!
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 08:39   #12
Kovanaama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeno View Post
It will be used by both NF and FDF so i wouldnt say its a waste of time!
Well the point is that if i pick this up, (when i have the time ) i must be sure that we have what it takes to finish this model. It means that we can model, animate and code those tracks. I have heard that there are few people that can make the tracks for BF2 engine nowadays. I will try to learn and make them but it takes some time coz im making other models right now.

This vehicle is MUST HAVE vehicle. No doubt on that. But when you know its too hard to make, then you have to study more. Problem is time, RL activities and job.

Thats why im engouracing everyone from everywhere to learn some modelling. We have professional modellers, coders and animators who can answer to all questions you might have. Internet is full of tutorials. If we have more modellers, coders, animators then we get content faster and easier.

Im not professional, i wanted to help and i learn by watching tuts and reading other guys like Rhinos comments. I failed, then i tried again, failed again, then i managed to handle some thing and next thing you know you have your model ready. Its fucked up and full of minor faults but its your own made model and everyone is willing to help that it will be your own GOOD model.

Whoops. I was supposed to answer "yeh but i dont know how to make tracks and i have no time to learn them yet..." sorry
Kovanaama is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-08, 11:53   #13
[R-DEV]​Mr.VdHeide
PR:BF2 Developer

Fully agree on what was said above!

We should get more people who stend up to help out to create new content.

Kind regards,

Dj.

Mr.VdHeide is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 05:59   #14
ddeo
Retired PR Developer

No need to worry about making tracks for this, I am sure when model would be ready there would be person willing to export it properly. I can think of at least 3-4 persons now in the team who possess this mysterious knowledge.

About interior, does it any differs from cv9035 one? If not, then it could be reused from that model.
ddeo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 08:22   #15
H.sta
Supporting Member

Yes, the interior is different in all models sadly. although the 35s current interior is very simple and could be used as a base to create the other versions. unfortunatly the 35 is being converted from Arma instead of following the original plan of making all three versions at the same time based on the CV9030 and CV9035 models we already had.

But the two remaining versions could be created in this way, the Finnish 9030 and our 9030N MK III could be based on the model we have and have the door on the back different between the version, and a few extra details added to the MK III exterior including the RWS Nordic on top.

The Finnish one just needs optimizing, a lot of it, and UV, Texture and export. Hopefully what is learned from exporting the 35 can be utilized for the other two versions as well

Last edited by [R-COM]H.sta; 2015-10-15 at 08:30..
Old 2015-10-16, 05:39   #16
Kovanaama

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]H.sta View Post
Yes, the interior is different in all models sadly. although the 35s current interior is very simple and could be used as a base to create the other versions. unfortunatly the 35 is being converted from Arma instead of following the original plan of making all three versions at the same time based on the CV9030 and CV9035 models we already had.

But the two remaining versions could be created in this way, the Finnish 9030 and our 9030N MK III could be based on the model we have and have the door on the back different between the version, and a few extra details added to the MK III exterior including the RWS Nordic on top.

The Finnish one just needs optimizing, a lot of it, and UV, Texture and export. Hopefully what is learned from exporting the 35 can be utilized for the other two versions as well
So let me get this straight. We have CV9035 model from arma. It has textures and interior? So the only things we have to do is change the door, UV it and retexture it and few extra details in MK III exterior with RWS Nordic on top?

What kind of optimizing the CV9030FIN version needs?
Old 2015-10-16, 21:20   #17
H.sta
Supporting Member

Basically just ignore the 35 is what I am saying. It was removed from this project and is now a project of its own.

Focusing on finishing the model we have of the 9030 and then remodeling it slightly to become the 9030 MK III is in my mind the best to proceed.

H.sta is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-17, 08:14   #18
Kovanaama

I agree.
Old 2015-10-18, 16:56   #19
potatochan

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Amok@ndy View Post
Bf2 Track Modeling

here is a pretty good tutorial for modeling tracks so the UV remains untouched and is easy to animate if it does not get modifiyed by the modeler.

website is down do you have it saved localy by any chance?
potatochan is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-21, 05:02   #20
normail

Last edited by Mineral; 2019-02-12 at 14:15..

Tags
cv9030, ifv, vehicle, wipfdf, wipfdf or nor