project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2007-05-10, 08:10   #11
Soulis6

OiSkout i would gladly play 5 min spawn timer.

Hopefully with all the changes in 0.6 we will see a decrease in these 'smacktards'.
Soulis6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 08:14   #12
Lothrian

I wouldn't mind it for a few months. If you die, go and put a cuppa tea on.
Lothrian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 08:37   #13
MadTommy
Supporting Member

i feel like i need 5mins and a cuppa after some runs!
MadTommy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 08:59   #14
oS2007

I wonder if it would be possible to allow an SL or commander to personally shoot an intentionally bad player. Maybe something on the com rose or the squad manager. Designate them AWOL and go full-bore Gen. Patton on them.

Much more satisfying than a "punish"
oS2007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:11   #15
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oS2007
I wonder if it would be possible to allow an SL or commander to personally shoot an intentionally bad player. Maybe something on the com rose or the squad manager. Designate them AWOL and go full-bore Gen. Patton on them.

Much more satisfying than a "punish"
i'd love to be able to shout at me squaddie's "My grandmother could do better than that!" hehe that should bring the moral up.

- I remember playing on Basrah some time back.. i joined the server half way through the round. Fuzzhead was commander. I joined the the only squad with spave available. My new squad was totally out of position, doing god knows what. From when i joined the squad to when i left 5 minutes later all i could hear was the commander spamming abuse ...

"My grandmother could do better than that!"
"You are the WORST squad i've ever thad the misfortune to lead!"
"My grandmother could do better than that!"
"You are the WORST squad i've ever thad the misfortune to lead!"

i laughed my ass off... great work Fuzz.
Old 2007-05-10, 09:13   #16
daranz

Plenty of people already do stuff like punish for accidental TKs, etc. Imagine what would happen if they got to SL or commander positions with powers to administer battlefield justice.
daranz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:22   #17
oS2007

Exactly.
oS2007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:33   #18
Expendable Grunt

Was playing on compton as british. Had the heavy AT kit, and was in that two story bunker just north west of the UK main. It has great view and is good for taking out most vehicles. I managed to take out an APC, but missed a tank. Kept calling for ammo with the commo rose AND ingame text and the only reply I got was -- just die and respawn noob.
Expendable Grunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:36   #19
Outlawz7
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt
Was playing on compton as british. Had the heavy AT kit, and was in that two story bunker just north west of the UK main. It has great view and is good for taking out most vehicles. I managed to take out an APC, but missed a tank. Kept calling for ammo with the commo rose AND ingame text and the only reply I got was -- just die and respawn noob.
I hate that reply....the most retarded logic ever: use your ammo, suicide, then request another kit and repeat...wtf?? I think, it would be easier to just get an ammo bag and resupply...but noooo

Outlawz7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-10, 09:45   #20
MadTommy
Supporting Member

Generally anyone who uses noob in that way in-game, like that, needs to learn some old sayings; and use them as mantras.

"The pot calling the kettle black"
"He who lives in a glass house shouldn't throw stones"

Best ignore if possible.

Tags
level, rising, smacktard