project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
28 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2012-07-13, 20:25   #11
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: Update your Creative Sound Blaster with custom driver

Tried this with my new system reinstall and got it to work for a bit, then a system restart later, Win7 lost my sound card totally, another restart later and while its found the sound card again, no sound will play out of its speakers even thou its setup right etc....

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-13, 20:49   #12
nicoX
Supporting Member

Make sure you have the right version, there are two.

Download: PID_W7PCAPP_US_2_11_01.exe from Creative:

Quote:
This update resolves the hardware/device detection issue for Creative Sound Blaster? X-Fi™ and X-Fi Titanium series of audio devices in Microsoft? Windows? 7. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.
But before anything dl Driver Sweeper so it removes any old drivers and reg values, or remove the reg values manually.

The no sound try disabling the sound then reenable and make sure to go to setting and make Speakers standard under Creative SB X-FI.

nicoX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 03:42   #13
=SAGA=Green_yy

download link is dead.
help
=SAGA=Green_yy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 09:48   #14
Spook
Supporting Member

btw the newest version does not work for me at all: PAX MASTER PCIe Titanium Driver Suite 2013 V1.05 Default Tweak Edition from 22.07.2013

I get BSOD as soon as I am finished loading a map.

//actually no driver works anymore. The official creative driver cause the same problem. They did not before. they only caused sporadic BSODs...just like the PAX drivers. But now its permanent. Does not matter which drivers I use, I always get BSOD after map is loaded. Got to find the previous PAX version again. Should not have changed it...

Last edited by [R-CON]Spook; 2013-08-04 at 11:24..
Old 2013-08-04, 12:22   #15
Prevtzer
Banned

Just a small question for everybody getting BSOD on X-Fi sound cards on Windows 7: Do you have a file called "ct_oal.dll" located in your system32 folder?

This file restores hardware-accelerated OpenAL for 64-bit OpenAL games.
Prevtzer is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 12:27   #16
Spook
Supporting Member

I do have that file in system32

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-04, 12:47   #17
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

I can add to this conversation by saying that the latest drivers for the new Creative Soundblaster ZXR sound card work well and the game sounds pretty good. Still getting used to the new sounds is all I guess. Although, a few maps load and all the sounds sound like they're indoors.

Anyways, I highly recommend the card if you've got the money and you're looking to upgrade.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:40   #18
Prevtzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesmoLocke View Post
I can add to this conversation by saying that the latest drivers for the new Creative Soundblaster ZXR sound card work well and the game sounds pretty good. Still getting used to the new sounds is all I guess. Although, a few maps load and all the sounds sound like they're indoors.

Anyways, I highly recommend the card if you've got the money and you're looking to upgrade.
For PR it's not an upgrade in any way.
Old 2013-08-07, 00:13   #19
DesmoLocke
Supporting Member

Why the pessimism? For someone that is still using generic motherboard integrated sound and then upgrades, it is.

And its not just for PR but newer games too. Metro Last Light sounds excellent as well as Bioshock Infinite.

PR player since 0.5 (Feb 2007)
DesmoLocke is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 12:49   #20
Prevtzer
Banned

Quote:
Why the pessimism? For someone that is still using generic motherboard integrated sound and then upgrades, it is.
Sure, but this is an X-Fi thread.

Quote:
And its not just for PR but newer games too. Metro Last Light sounds excellent as well as Bioshock Infinite.
Maybe the sound samples are good, but positioning isn't, and you don't really need a sound card for that (no hardware acceleration= no advantages).

Tags
blaster, creative, custom, driver, sound, update