Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR Highlights Highlights of what work the Devs are currently working on

Closed Thread

Old 2021-07-17, 21:18   #1
robert357

Default Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonTavor View Post
Oh no, people are having fun. How terrible!
Yeeesh. With that attitude I'm surprised that PR didn't go full sci-fi or other unrelated to the mod stuff just because it's fun.
Old 2021-07-17, 07:10   #2
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenixcinza View Post
Unfortunately, this game mode is not close to the Project Reality original purpose.
This is true, but we tried to keep the individual game mechanics of infantry combat intact. If you have further feedback on how to make it feel and play more like regular PR, feel free to suggest in the feedback thread.

Mineral: TIL that Wire-guided missiles actually use wire
Old 2021-07-17, 18:26   #3
fenixcinza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mats391 View Post
This is true, but we tried to keep the individual game mechanics of infantry combat intact. If you have further feedback on how to make it feel and play more like regular PR, feel free to suggest in the feedback thread.
The distance from PR's purpose comes from the required individual game play of the game mode.
Its stimulus to lone wolf game play may be good for some new young blood, but it is certainly a very different approach for old players like me.
Old 2021-07-17, 22:43   #4
SShadowFox

Quote:
The distance from PR's purpose comes from the required individual game play of the game mode.
Its stimulus to lone wolf game play may be good for some new young blood, but it is certainly a very different approach for old players like me.
Dude, chill. It's just a gamemode made for low player counts, it isn't replacing AAS and INS. It's funny that people complain about this one, but Skirmish is essentially team deathmatch and in most cases people just go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates, and no one complained about that. I also haven't seen anyone complaining about VW that allows people to one-man tanks and APCs.

It's just a curiosity gamemode. If anything, what really ruins PR are the cheaters.
Old 2021-07-18, 00:58   #5
fenixcinza

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShadowFox View Post
Dude, chill. It's just a gamemode made for low player counts, it isn't replacing AAS and INS. It's funny that people complain about this one, but Skirmish is essentially team deathmatch and in most cases people just go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates, and no one complained about that. I also haven't seen anyone complaining about VW that allows people to one-man tanks and APCs.

It's just a curiosity gamemode. If anything, what really ruins PR are the cheaters.
The players are not in clans nowadays as they were before. Therefore, they usually play in an unorganized squad which in turn plays in an unorganized team. In AAS and certainly also in skirmish game modes, the team with the better organization usually wins the match. Players in clans play much more organized than random players.

No one complains if "people go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates" just because this was their choice. There is no option in this game mode other than "go around running and gunning with no concern for their teammates".

Although this is not a topic for this thread, I do not see many cheaters. For every cheater, I see a hundred players (and ex-players) afraid of being killed by a possible cheater.
Old 2021-07-25, 01:13   #6
Concani
Talking Re: v1.6.7 - Update Highlights

Quote:
Unfortunately, this game mode is not close to the Project Reality original purpose.
just don't play
Old 2021-09-06, 22:22   #7
robert357

Well... I personally liked being a SL on skirmish modes because this is, for me, only place where I can learn that role without massive pressure from teammates. Of course a lot of times you'll end up with bunch of no-mic lone-wolfing people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brotherscompany View Post
(low skilled a lot of new faces that arent aware of the idea behind the seed)
About that sentence. This is strange how times changes. I remember when people would explain the idea of game, of teamwork, game mechanics etc for those new faces rather complains that they exist. I mean, everyone was a noobie.
Closed Thread