project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support > Software & Operating Systems
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Software & Operating Systems Discussion on Computer Software & Operating Systems

Old 2009-05-13, 11:58   #11
smee
Supporting Member

Default Re: Punkbuster and Windows 7

would be nice to know when they sort the 64bit version out. Not bothering till then with windows 7

3 x 22" samsung 226bw. Matrox triplehead Quad Pro Q6600 "LGA775 Kentsfield" 2.40GHz (1066FSB) OC 3.2 , 8gb's of 1066mhz ram. 9800GTX OCX. 520mb. 3 x 320gbs samsungs. raid 0

smee is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 15:08   #12
=BTB= LoftyB

Ive tested on a few servers. apart from a couple of graphical glitches (that were fixed by setting compatibilty), I have found no problems. Not been kicked yet. so all seems to be going well.
=BTB= LoftyB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:09   #13
Darkpowder

thanks for the heads up on that, nicely discovered.

I can confirm that today after a bit of a run around Kashan, i had no problems connecting to the test server at least.
There was no client-side update from pbsetup today, i presume it was server side.
If a server admin can confirm this i would be greatful.

Otherwise i would presume EB's rules now ignore the API error reported from windows 7.

After 30 mins or so i got:

Punkbuster client: Master query sent... blah blah messages.

Without any disconnect, and that yesterday evening i was getting disconnects at that time.

If i can get some other folks to try the following.

64bit XP clean install with BF2 and current PR.
64bit Win7 clean install with BF2 and current PR.
Please also check with pbservices installed and not installed. i.e. only with pbsetup

Test team to do their bit with the same OS too, and report on the Tester forums.
Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:16   #14
Robbi
Supporting Member

Getting now, my last download failed....

Robbi is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:22   #15
=BTB= LoftyB

I think it was a server side update. I've played most of the day on the =BTB= server with no problems. No kicks or anything. So i think Win7 x32 now has the Green Light
=BTB= LoftyB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:22   #16
space
Banned

64bit XP clean install with BF2 and current PR works fine.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-13, 19:57   #17
Robbi
Supporting Member

Where you getting kicked on yours before lofty?

Old 2009-05-13, 20:37   #18
=BTB= LoftyB

yeah, i tried it when RC1 was released to the public, kept gettin kicked, so i went back to Vista. then I saw posts on a few different forums saying that it worked so i tried it again today and it works fine on the 6 or 7 servers ive been on to test it. The only problem I had was Graphical Glitches where the was no Road/Floor. So I set program compatibility to Vista SP1 (tried XP SP3, but still glitches on some maps) and its worked perfectly since.
Last edited by =BTB= LoftyB; 2009-05-13 at 21:05..
Old 2009-05-13, 21:08   #19
Robbi
Supporting Member

Cool, I'll keep an eye on it

Old 2009-05-13, 21:16   #20
Darkpowder

Quote:
Originally Posted by =BTB= LoftyB View Post
yeah, i tried it when RC1 was released to the public, kept gettin kicked, so i went back to Vista. then I saw posts on a few different forums saying that it worked so i tried it again today and it works fine on the 6 or 7 servers ive been on to test it. The only problem I had was Graphical Glitches where the was no Road/Floor. So I set program compatibility to Vista SP1 (tried XP SP3, but still glitches on some maps) and its worked perfectly since.
Yeah i had those glitches too, i'm sure the mapping fanatics can explain why. Clearly seen on Kashan and other similar maps.

You should be fine now mate, you shouldn't need any compatibility mode changes anymore for RC Build 7100 of win7, at least in terms of Punkbuster. Graphics wise, i'll give that a look.

The changes have been made literally overnight i think, considering the sh%tstorm the gaming community has stirred up, looks like someone got EB to release what was obviously a fix they had unofficially into live. Thats my theory.

Just heads up driver wise for compatibility i am using.

Windows 7 Build 7100 RC x64
185.85 intl forceware. 8800GTX
15.35 chipset drivers (newer ones are available for newer chipset) (from guru3d)
X-Fi beta win7 drivers for Xtreme Gamer F4tal1ty
pbsetup and pbservices installed
Last edited by Darkpowder; 2009-05-13 at 22:21..

Tags
punkbuster, windows