project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Modding
26 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Community Modding Making or wanting help making your own asset? Check in here

Old 2009-07-16, 19:36   #11
space
Banned
Default Re: Terragen/Geocontrol, which?

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
L3DT is by far the best for Textures, colourmaps, detailmaps, and especially overgrowth and undergrowth where L3DT acturally has a feature to do that stuff where with Terragen you have to hack it to be able to do it
Im not having that argument again

L3DT does have some great features which work well with bf2, so really, as you'll be using the software so much, its probably worth giving them all a try and seeing which one is for you.

This might not be the best selling point for some of you, but DICE and several other companies, use Terragen and Geocontrol.
space is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 19:39   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

ahhh come on its been like 4 or so months since we last had this argument

Like I said, they all pretty much do the same thing just some do it in diffrent ways and some are slightly better at some things at others, so its really which one(s) you like best is all that matter, providing they get the job done

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-16, 20:58   #13
Wilkinson

Quote:
Originally Posted by space View Post
Im not having that argument again

L3DT does have some great features which work well with bf2, so really, as you'll be using the software so much, its probably worth giving them all a try and seeing which one is for you.

This might not be the best selling point for some of you, but DICE and several other companies, use Terragen and Geocontrol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]marcoelnk View Post
l3dt is just fine for terrain as well. terragen is best for textures ( thanks to space)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
L3DT is by far the best for Textures, colourmaps, detailmaps, and especially overgrowth and undergrowth where L3DT acturally has a feature to do that stuff where with Terragen you have to hack it to be able to do it

I agree with Rhino 100 Percent. He showed me some stuff with L3DT. The thing is just god like. I mean so accurate. and For the Price its even better. The free version gets you a nice little pack of stuff but go for the professional 90 Day version.
Wilkinson is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 17:41   #14
Hyperion

I think geocontrol has the best erosion system of all programs. Terraincolor creation is very easy too, and the spline too were you can cut roads into the terrain, is unbeatable.

...too bad my trial time is over
Hyperion is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
terragen or geocontrol