project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > Project Reality News
05 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Project Reality News Project Reality news releases and announcements.

Closed Thread

Old 2005-07-08, 22:28   #11
requiem
Retired - Project Founder
Supporting Member

Default Re: Project Reality Mini-Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougar
not to be mean or anything but dosent the server info allow you to turn off the hit indicator?
and why would you want to remove the parachute?
the physics and damage changes look good though
The emphasis was more on the Kill Indicator, where there is no display of deaths. So for example your teammate behind you could get sniped from a mile away and you may not even notice...

Old 2005-07-08, 22:35   #12
SuperChicken

Thank You so much PR. I look forward to taking out my disk and playing some BF2 again!
Old 2005-07-08, 23:12   #13
Qla

Sounds really awesome and i can't wait to get my hands on this one. I just wanted to ask you that will you make weapons more accurate? You can't hit anything with the support weapons as they are now in Bf2. Their feared because those guns are accurate even to long ranges, not because they spray bullets everywhere.
Old 2005-07-08, 23:29   #14
keef_haggerd

thank you sooooo much, i thought PR was going to hold out on a minimod, but this is such a great surprise, i cant wait, im SO pumped for it =D
Old 2005-07-08, 23:43   #15
BrokenArrow
Retired PR Developer

requiem in regard to the lack of kill indicator (good idea) would the mini map still be there for reference? if not will there be louder dying sounds if the placement of the kill shot permits (ie screams if hit in an area such as stomach or even chest?)

sounds great, i cant wait to get some PR trigger time.

Old 2005-07-09, 00:32   #16
Dez

Sweet
Old 2005-07-09, 01:36   #17
solodude23

OMFG this is awsome. I rarely play BF2 now (either because it pisses me off or its buggy) but I will play all I can once this mini-mod comes out. THANK YOU.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenArrow
requiem in regard to the lack of kill indicator (good idea) would the mini map still be there for reference? if not will there be louder dying sounds if the placement of the kill shot permits (ie screams if hit in an area such as stomach or even chest?)
I agree. Now even if your sound is up a bit you might not even know that a guy a few feet away from you has been hit/killed. It would be crazy, you and your squad are just moving up, no enemies to be seen or heard and all the sudden, "AHHHHHH, MEDIC!! MEDIC!!"
Old 2005-07-09, 03:17   #18
Tactical Advantage

Just outta curiosity, this wasnt mentioned, but will you also be removing the team identification tags, like when you aim at a guy, his name shows up in red or blue, hopefully you will. Imagine trying to figure who's who in the middle of a firefight... It would call for teamwork and communication to prevent friendly fire accidents. It would also change sniping alot, because at longer ranges, it's next to impossible to figure out who's who, would add a totally new dimension to the game, plus no more accidental find, ive been caught crawling through brush because of the name tags...

Also, will PR be taking out 3rd person in vehicles, because in 3rd person you can spot someone trying to C4 your vehicle, and when your SPEC OPS, it kinda takes the fun outta it.
Old 2005-07-09, 03:40   #19
solodude23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Advantage
Just outta curiosity, this wasnt mentioned, but will you also be removing the team identification tags, like when you aim at a guy, his name shows up in red or blue, hopefully you will. Imagine trying to figure who's who in the middle of a firefight... It would call for teamwork and communication to prevent friendly fire accidents. It would also change sniping alot, because at longer ranges, it's next to impossible to figure out who's who, would add a totally new dimension to the game, plus no more accidental find, ive been caught crawling through brush because of the name tags...

Also, will PR be taking out 3rd person in vehicles, because in 3rd person you can spot someone trying to C4 your vehicle, and when your SPEC OPS, it kinda takes the fun outta it.
Yeah if its not hard I would like that as well, but make it like DCR. If you have not played, the tags only show up when your like 0-3 feet away from the person. That way you canl still identify who is who on you team/squad near you. Otherwise it would be hard to know where your squad is exactly at times.
Old 2005-07-09, 06:05   #20
Michael M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qla
You can't hit anything with the support weapons as they are now in Bf2.
Untrue - try lying down, scoped. You'll hit SOMETHING. Just today I mowed down about 10 bots on Strike at Karkand in one clip (it was a 32-player mod).

The reality mod is sounding really neat, but just a question - if you're removing the aiming crosshairs, how are we meant to hit anything? My BF2 computer's internet isn't working, so I'm stuck with bots for the time being, but if the bots have computer-generated aiming skills, and I don't have a crosshair, am I at the disadvantage? Or is it meant to encourage scoped kills?

Also, I might suggest tweaking grenade throwing. I find it hard to throw long distances, even when holding down the mouse button (or am I doing something wrong?).
Closed Thread

Tags
minimod, project, reality, release