project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-12-09, 10:27   #11
Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLODDITHANLEY View Post
I play in Europe, so NWA NEW MERK and PRTA, my only real critisism of clans is that they have their own little locked squads never letting any new or older players fight with them.

BUt abuse no never seen that.
I hate locked clan squads too. Would rather they split up and lead 3 or 4 squads with pubbers in. Then we would have squads working together more, if the SLs where clan members working with their other squad leading members

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Jamaican is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:13   #12
Pvt.LHeureux
-
Default Re: PR Clans The Real Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExeTick View Post
Im usually trying to play in squads with random people or try to get other people "PUBBERS" into the squad Im in. Sure I like to play with people I know how to play PR I think everyone does that.
You play with people you know because you've get to know them, you can do the same thing with new people, make friends!
Pvt.LHeureux is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:15   #13
brezmans
Supporting Member

Chris, you're always welcome to try the gameplay on HOG. We've been working real hard the last few months to switch from Muttrah 24/7 to a mixed maps server where we do a mapvote every round.

Unless you're teamkilling on purpose or stealing and then losing assets or disrespecting admins for enforcing the server-rules, you will not have a problem here. We try not to lock our squads and in fact quite a few of our longtime members are superb squadleaders (me not so much lol) that will always lead inf squads and won't look at what tags you're sporting. If you ever get to play under the leadership of =HOG=Funeraldirector or =HOG=Haley11ACR, you'll know what I'm talking about, that's infantry teamwork the way it's meant to be done.

Hope to see you on a battlefield soon

Greetings

=HOG= Teamspeak
On indefinite LOA from April 2014.
brezmans is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:18   #14
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
I have never experienced any form of admin or clan abuse playing PR. Ever. Full stop.
You haven't been privvy to drunk admins yet then.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:26   #15
Spush
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I miss TG, haven't really played PR since their PR server went under.

Spush is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 11:26   #16
Nugiman
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShockUnitBlack View Post
I have never experienced any form of admin or clan abuse playing PR. Ever. Full stop.
You seem to play mostly as grunt then. If you are a pilot trying to get the CAS for the round it happens too often.
Some admins try everything to get the CAS, I've seen pretty much unfair methods going on there when an asshat-admin wants to fly.
Kicking/Resigning the squad/Locking the squad with weird explanatory statements which are just incorrect. But work, because they are the admin.

Veni, Vidi, Pwnz0rz. - I came, I saw, I pwnd
Nugiman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 12:17   #17
UKrealplayER666

Clans need to vet their Admins slightly better, there are some that have absolutely no idea how to manage people, with 63 other people on the server you have to be able to keep a level head, deal with requests and reports as quickly as possible and most of all be fair to everyone. All an admin is, is a PR agent for their server and clan, they get it wrong the server is going with them to the dogs. In an ideal world there would be no ass-hat admins but some clans just don't give admin to the right people.

As for locked squads, I'm all for them if there are 5 or 6 of you playing as a clan but with less than that i would say leave it open, if nothing else its a good recruiting opportunity
UKrealplayER666 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:55   #18
saXoni
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Spush View Post
I miss TG, haven't really played PR since their PR server went under.
Reading that and looking at your avatar made me sad...
saXoni is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 14:49   #19
Orford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaican View Post
I hate locked clan squads too. Would rather they split up and lead 3 or 4 squads with pubbers in. Then we would have squads working together more, if the SLs where clan members working with their other squad leading members

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Ive have tried to get the clan to do this many times over matched up with a good commander. it gives pubbers a very good view of how PR can be played on a public server. Doesnt happen enough imho.
Orford is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 17:57   #20
Chris1050

Quote:
Originally Posted by brezmans View Post
Chris, you're always welcome to try the gameplay on HOG. We've been working real hard the last few months to switch from Muttrah 24/7 to a mixed maps server where we do a mapvote every round.

Unless you're teamkilling on purpose or stealing and then losing assets or disrespecting admins for enforcing the server-rules, you will not have a problem here. We try not to lock our squads and in fact quite a few of our longtime members are superb squadleaders (me not so much lol) that will always lead inf squads and won't look at what tags you're sporting. If you ever get to play under the leadership of =HOG=Funeraldirector or =HOG=Haley11ACR, you'll know what I'm talking about, that's infantry teamwork the way it's meant to be done.

Hope to see you on a battlefield soon

Greetings
thanks for the offer perhaps I'll give that a shot if I so decide to play again. I do remember HOG and never had any problems and I love muttrah but couldn't accommodate the 24/7 when playing for 6 hour intervals
Chris1050 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
clans, question, real