project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
21 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-07-14, 20:49   #11
ron366
Default Re: Useless team.

I play on all servers , mainly on EU servers cuz of the ping , the "bad matches " are not on a specific server , I wouldn't complain about bad games that happen once in a while , I made this post because of a constant lack of teamwork on INS in the last few months.
ron366 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 04:03   #12
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron366 View Post
I play on all servers , mainly on EU servers cuz of the ping , the "bad matches " are not on a specific server , I wouldn't complain about bad games that happen once in a while , I made this post because of a constant lack of teamwork on INS in the last few months.
Insurgency has always been that way... Out of the hundreds of rounds of INS I have played... I estimate that a quarter of them have been rounds that contained decent teamwork.

It's always blufor just sit and kill no matter what. Rarely do people attack with strategy in INS. It's the easiest gamemode PR has to offer which is why it's more 'popular' in NA servers. Everyone that loves and has a hardon for INS knows where the caches' usually spawn, or at least the general area. As well as a lot just play INS to kill because they are absolutely terrible in Combat in the AAS gamemode.

Just look on PR Spy... you majority of the time see the blufor steamrolling the insurgents kill wise. That is the issue you ran into... players that don't have skill to take objectives just sit back and kill. Since apparently that is what this game is about.

Just try not to play insurgency much then... eventually 1 in 20 rounds you will have a excellent teamwork round. 4 in 20 will have decent teamwork. And 5 in 20 will have only one squad teamworking.

It's a unfortunate thing in PR that you have players that only play insurgency to kill. Then they claim: "Oh, I'm a badass player in PR... my k/d is EPIC!!". But they don't tell you it's only on insurgency mode!

Personally I tend to refrain from going on Insurgency maps.... unless the team I am playing with has some friends on it or a good team from the last round. And you will now know why a lot of people don't like insurgency since it requires no skill on the blufor side. To be a insurgent it's requirements are high.

But I agree it does get VERY boring as hell if you have a blufor team trying to kill and not attack. You see that always on NA servers, since the admins on certain servers tend to play maps for their butt buddy clans'.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 09:11   #13
Jedimushroom
Supporting Member

I would hesitate to say that this is exclusively a problem for the insurgency gamemode, but in my experience that is a major factor. Squad leaders not responding or doing anything is unfortunately always a problem, and with the standalone we have a greater number of new players becoming squad leaders when they aren't really comfortable with the role (or indeed with the game).

Perhaps try to lead a squad yourself? Maybe you can be the change you want to see in the world?

Of course, if I was feeling uncharitable I would just say that insurgency is just coop with humans as the bots...

"God will strike him down when he checks his email and sees young Fighter has turd burgling tendancies. Could you imagine going to church knowing your son takes it up the wrong 'un?" - [R-Dev]Gaz on 'Fighter137'
Jedimushroom is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 16:19   #14
matty1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimushroom View Post
Perhaps try to lead a squad yourself? Maybe you can be the change you want to see in the world?
Agreed! One player can make a huge difference. One man can change the world... then easily one man can change the round.

Flank the crap out of the enemies.... that's all you gotta do. And on heavy vegetation maps (Like Saareema). Hide in the bushes to cap! The thermals can't see you.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 18:50   #15
Wing Walker

INS has always been more relaxed than AAS. That is one nice thing, the change of pace from AAS, I wouldn't want to be on INS maps all the time though.

INS maps you are purely defensive, you are there to kill the enemy and defend the cache. That is the game mode, you have unlimited deaths and they don't.

You can get tacticool if you like, run your own squad with specific missions, but you don't need too in INS.

I do wish people would use medics more, but with no ticket bleed for deaths, it only matters if you don't want to walk across the whole map.
Wing Walker is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-15, 19:47   #16
AnA10Warthog

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty1053 View Post
He probably plays on NA servers.... since NA servers have a hardon for insurgency and majority of the time on Insurgency modes in NA servers... players dick around with eachother and it's a kill farm for blufor.

There is a HUGE difference in Insurgency on NA servers vs EU servers. EU servers have much more teamwork and it's usually balanced.

The main suggestion I have for him...

1. Prevent your self from playing on Insurgency game mode

OR

2. Prevent from playing on north American servers on insurgency.
In my experience EU players tend to communicate with each other less, so I have to disagree with your assertion, and yes, I have played and squad lead on many EU servers.
AnA10Warthog is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 03:10   #17
fatalsushi83

Ron, if you're hardcore about teamwork, you really should get into AAS more. People tend to take it more seriously and it's just much more interesting in terms of strategy and coordination between squads.
fatalsushi83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 04:01   #18
PLODDITHANLEY
Supporting Member

I have all but stopped playing insurgency for much the same reasons.
PLODDITHANLEY is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 11:10   #19
Pronck
Supporting Member

People whine about insurgency all the time, but I can say you about 2/3 of the whiners are the actual reason the gamemode isn't played as it should be. They often go "fully" retard and refuse to work together and take things serious in this game mode.

You have three choices.

One: force teamwork upon others by commanding/leading a squad.
Two: play it, man up, deal with it and pray for others to do choice number one.
Three: complain, refuse to play it and if you play, refuse to communicate and change from your standard AAS tactics.

The insurgency game mode requires MORE teamwork and communications in order to bridge the gap between the types of equipment you got. For some reason, when you give a PR player a 1337 weapon and scope they tend to do some teamwork, give them a rusty but more powerful AK, they will shout random stuff and blow up their own mainbase.

Of course it has his flaws, but so does AAS. AAS all bloody week is also boring as F.

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 16:29   #20
mat552

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pronck View Post
The insurgency game mode requires MORE teamwork and communications in order to bridge the gap between the types of equipment you got.
If if required more teamwork, more teamwork would be displayed. Since it is not and teams still win without it, it does not require more teamwork. QED.
mat552 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
team, useless