project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Faction Archives > Dutch Forces
12 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Dutch Forces Discussion pertaining to the PR Dutch Forces faction.

Old 2011-07-13, 10:53   #11
MonkeySoldier
Default Re: New Camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Glimmerman View Post
Do you have a source for this?
Nope, read it on another forum who talked to a soldier who wore the uniform. No official one, unfortunately. Might as well be it too ineffective for the concept the new camouflage was supposed to be for, woodland/urban, or it wasn't Dutch enough. Where did you heard they were researching for multicam? Same source maybe? :P

By the way, am I the only one thinking that they took the Dutch jungle camo colours, replaced the rustbrown with urban gray, and put it in a new pattern?
Old 2011-07-14, 07:45   #12
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySoldier View Post
Nope, read it on another forum who talked to a soldier who wore the uniform. No official one, unfortunately. Might as well be it too ineffective for the concept the new camouflage was supposed to be for, woodland/urban, or it wasn't Dutch enough. Where did you heard they were researching for multicam? Same source maybe? :P

By the way, am I the only one thinking that they took the Dutch jungle camo colours, replaced the rustbrown with urban gray, and put it in a new pattern?
Hehe nah my source is a forum and team member here

I read about this on the military pictures forum but since the MoD website didnt post anything about it and I could see anything about it at the stand of DMO at the "Marinedagen" I have this feeling its just a concept like the digital camo presented by TNO a few years back.

Old 2011-07-27, 08:10   #13
Sgt_Doctor

Old 2011-07-27, 08:14   #14
dtacs
Supporting Member

Is that it being tested in the Netherlands?

Wonder how it fares in potential Dutch military hotspots.
Old 2011-07-27, 10:40   #15
MCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Wonder how it fares in potential Dutch military hotspots.
Read the posts on the previous page
Old 2011-08-03, 10:57   #16
Glimmerman
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Found the article here:
Dutch military pictures - Page 728

here is a quick roundup of the Dutch text:
The woodland camo is called NFP-Green (Netherlands Fractal Pattern), the desert camo is called NFP-Tan.
Its based on the 2009 study by the TNO reseach lab.
The pattern is made up of pixels in 8 colors for each camo.
They mention it wont be the standard pattern for all our armed forces but it wil be the new standard for the marines, airmobile brigade, MechInf and recon units in 2014

The shown fabric was made by TenCate who also supply to the US Army and Marines, its infrared deflecting and fire protected.

At this moment its not 100% certain that Ten Cate will make the suits for the Dutch Armed Forces or if another company will get the contract.

So is anyone interested into doing another reskin?

Old 2011-08-03, 11:36   #17
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
here is a quick roundup of the Dutch text:
They mention it wont be the standard pattern for all our armed forces but it wil be the new standard for the marines, airmobile brigade, MechInf and recon units in 2014

So is anyone interested into doing another reskin?
Quote:
NFP zal niet per se het nieuwe camouflagepatroon voor de landmacht (en mariniers) zal worden, maar medio 2014 kan een nieuw camouflagetenue in het getoonde camouflagepatroon als eerste worden ingevoerd bij de gevechtseenheden: Korps Mariniers, luchtmobiele infanterie, pantserinfanterie en verkenningseenheden.
It says, it might be, not certain yet.

I think it's good though they're avoiding the very dark colours, as seen on the current DPM. However, a slight addition of some light brown would be nice. What I do find odd is that they mention up to 8 colours, but only shows 4 colours. So either they're talking crap, which wouldn't surprise me. Or they might add another colour, but I highly doubt that.
Old 2011-08-03, 13:12   #18
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

is the blurred face included with teh hood?

its good that most countries are following the American's lead on soldier comfort I think - BDUs that are designed to be untucked etc is just the obvious way to go I would have thought.

Old 2011-08-03, 13:29   #19
MonkeySoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rudd View Post
is the blurred face included with teh hood?

its good that most countries are following the American's lead on soldier comfort I think - BDUs that are designed to be untucked etc is just the obvious way to go I would have thought.
I don't think the comfort of the uniform (not talking about equipment) is bad, normal uniform is worn untucked. The quality however...
Old 2011-08-12, 11:12   #20
MaxBooZe

Quote:
Basically that is our entire army :P

Tags
camo