project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front > PR In-Game Tactics and Strategies > Squad Leader Tactics
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2009-05-18, 20:34   #11
Darkpowder

Default Re: How to take command of a squad, when it wasn't using teamplay in the first place.

Great post, i will link this into my VOIP guide thread.
Darkpowder is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 14:49   #12
Cavazos
Default Re: How to take command of a squad, when it wasn't using teamplay in the first place.

Thank you all, i'm glad the guide will help the present players as well as the future!
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 15:00   #13
SXTS

I've never led a squad before, since I only got the game 3 days ago, most people can't understand me due to my accent and I don't know how to actually lead a squad in the first place, but I can tell that this guide would work. Good job writing it up!
SXTS is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-28, 09:39   #14
Ca6e

Great manual for becoming a SL Miamiheat!
I try to be SL many times, but only few times was unforgetable couse of great squad mates who listen to me and try to achive goal.

---->But one thing Could dev-s integrate Manual into PR, that u cannot play if u didnt read it<----

This is becouse when i put down observe marker they just run into PKM fire like in WW2, then i put a marker to mark our way and they just run to it like Usain Bolt, no looking right or left and then "WoW, i am down". Second one when they get revived i told them to retrive to safer position and wait 1 min, they just stand up and shooting and get killed.
Conversation with one of my SQ member for a short time. hehe

He take snipers and says: "this is shit i cant hit anything",
and i say: "afcourse u are shooting with sniper as u were shooting with LMG" bang, bang, bang in instance.
Then he says: "this game sucks i cant hit anything."
Than I say: Did u read a manual.
he says: What manual? who read it!
I say: Go play BF2 vanilla and jump and shoot.---> then KICK from SQ

I read manual, i dont have everthing in my mind, but i know most important things (rules).
solute.
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-04, 23:56   #15
goguapsy

cyberzombie I have to disagree with you. if u put random markers in an unorganized sqd thats normally its normally just the SL marking some random stuff for himself.

Quote:
I'd like to say that it might better to not let them acknowledge you as a squadleader or make it as official as that. Mainly just dish out some orders like move here to defend this guys. If they listen great, if not ask them to come over to the marker. If still nothing than kick 'm out.
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 15:05   #16
Danger_6

i disagree with the fact that you said not to be a dictator.

If your squad is a democracy decisions will take time and people start getting annoyed, which leads to power plays between you and your men.

An autocratic approach to squad leading is best as you establish your authority. You are the alpha male, you don't like the decision that the sl made: TOUGH, its what you are going to do. This way discipline is not a problem and things get done quickly.

Otherwise top notch guide well done mate.
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 15:52   #17
goguapsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger_6 View Post

If your squad is a democracy decisions will take time and people start getting annoyed, which leads to power plays between you and your men.

An autocratic approach to squad leading is best as you establish your authority. You are the alpha male, you don't like the decision that the sl made: TOUGH, its what you are going to do. This way discipline is not a problem and things get done quickly.

i totally agree. That's called Chain of Command. You are the SL so you are SLeading. What I do with my sqd sometimes is this: which way you guys wanna go? or which of the caches do you guys wanna go? the decision I already made: we are going through ONE OF THE PATHS or to ONE OF THE CACHES, doesn't matter which one but WE ARE GOING! if I dont like the answers I give an order to wherever hell I want to go. If someone disobeys my orders, I send them to Court Martial (other words, kick them from the sqd)
Old 2009-08-31, 16:15   #18
Danger_6

Cheers goguapsy. Of course its nice to make your men feel involved, so yea just confirming trivial decisions with your squad is good. If they think otherwise, just explain for why you are doing that.
Danger_6 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-31, 16:57   #19
goguapsy

Quote:
Cheers goguapsy. Of course its nice to make your men feel involved, so yea just confirming trivial decisions with your squad is good. If they think otherwise, just explain for why you are doing that.
that's exactly what I do.
Of course, people that don't follow my orders never get to the first question, they get kicked before.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:21   #20
Cavazos

Quote:

You want to be charismatic, not a dictator. I will tell you though that the easiest way to command is to be a dictator and look like you know what your doing.
Cavazos is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
command, place, squad, teamplay