project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion > PR:F Suggestions
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:F Suggestions Suggestions from our community members.

Old 2012-05-09, 21:28   #11
ledo1222
Default Re: C-130 Truck delivery/spawn

What rhino is going for is realism, if the Brits use the C130, im sure he find a way to use it. But considering were dealing with the BF2 engine here its a compleatly different story. I don't recall the Argentinians using airborne inf. Nor the brits tho i could be wrong.
ledo1222 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 21:42   #12
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Brits didn't use one, although there was an SAS mission planned on Argentina involving a C-130 that would land in an enemy airbase where the Exocet missiles + the planes that where carrying them where (and the one I've made ingame too), the SAS troops would disembark while it was still on the runway and raid the airbase, trying to take out any jets/missiles it could on the ground then if the C-130 was still up, get out on it but that mission never happened

Argentinians didn't use any airborne troops, just ferried supplies and aircraft over in the C-130s.

Rhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 02:32   #13
Dr_Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Brits didn't use one, although there was an SAS mission planned on Argentina involving a C-130 that would land in an enemy airbase where the Exocet missiles + the planes that where carrying them where (and the one I've made ingame too), the SAS troops would disembark while it was still on the runway and raid the airbase, trying to take out any jets/missiles it could on the ground then if the C-130 was still up, get out on it but that mission never happened

Argentinians didn't use any airborne troops, just ferried supplies and aircraft over in the C-130s.
argentina never used paratroopers, still, i think they had the paratroopers company somewhere, dunno why they never used them, and the C-130 was ONLY used to bring supplyes from argentina.... well, that's quite a long and sad story about the dictature we were going through in those years.....
Old 2012-07-07, 04:23   #14
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Which is what I said...

Old 2013-03-15, 06:28   #15
zombie-yellow

But, instead of taking-off and landing in Stanley with his ridiculously small landing strip, why not having a C-130 at Rio Grande that can ferry crates/people to the Falklands ?

Because, I once spawned on the mainland because I didn't changed my spawnpoint and well... I was stranded on an airfield with no boats, no helicopters, no C-130, just fighters that I can't use because I'm not in their squad

I had to suicide because they were absolutely nothing that could bring me to the Falklands and I think we should have this option

Maybe not helicopters, though, because in real life, that's a pretty damn huge distance to travel ^^
zombie-yellow is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-15, 10:35   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombie-yellow View Post
I had to suicide because they were absolutely nothing that could bring me to the Falklands and I think we should have this option
That is the solution right there if you didn't spawn in the correct place, which with the having to press done before you spawn, is quite unlikely now...

Adding a C-130, ignoring the fact we would have to make one from scratch, just to ferry the very odd person who spawns in the incorrect place, isn't even worth the extra networkable count, let alone the textures etc and a player having to be tied up with flying it, which would also be a very easy target for any harriers so any players that are getting a lift, which can't land on the falklands due to no large runway there due to map scale, would most likely get shot down and would have effectively suicides, although taking a pilot, and a vehicle with its ticket count too, not to mention the wasted time for all players involved, other than the harrier pilot.

All in all, no...

Old 2013-03-15, 13:55   #17
Moszeusz6Pl
Retired PR Developer

How about making some network between airbases and land mainbase. It would be vehicle with two seats, when from one you exit at airbase, and from second at mainland. It would prevent situation when you need to suicide in order to go to fight.

Moszeusz6Pl is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-16, 01:21   #18
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

A Teleporter? Pretty sure they didn't have them back in 1982

Its a interesting idea, but tbh, not worth the effort unless loads of people are having this problem, would be hard enough just to get the message across to all the players letting them know its there.

Old 2013-03-26, 13:09   #19
SnipeHunt
Supporting Member

One can't simply step through a teleporter without being armed with a phaser.
If you're adding a teleporter be sure to add a phaser too.

Best line yet...
Me: "Hey APC, Can I get a ride to squad 6?"
Unknown: "This APC ain't no Taxi!"
SnipeHunt is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 04:14   #20
zombie-yellow

I wonder if it would be cool to make a Project Reality mini-mod based on Halo with the UNSC against the Covenant... With all the deviation and good physics etc... lol

Seriously getting off-topic here xD
zombie-yellow is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
c130, delivery or spawn, truck