project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > News / Announcements > PR Highlights > PR Dev Journal Archives > 2009
30 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-16, 03:17   #11
gazzthompson

Default Re: Official rally point beta test has ended

i think expiring was a good thing, allowed for random guys who joined to join the squad in the field and also they where used as actual rally points. but im fine eitherway, "in devs we trust!"

Old 2009-12-16, 03:27   #12
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Public Testing] Official rally point beta test has ended

I agree. The last beta test was the best. The expiring rally point allows people who just joined the squad to get into the fight and the limited rally prevented exploitation.
Old 2009-12-16, 03:40   #13
LithiumFox

I think the third one was amazing. It helped in a pinch, but My squad stayed close and listened to me. ^_^ THERE WAS A FIREFIGHT!!!!! (haha)

maybe if you allow us to use the rally points again to get ammo? =) 60 seconds worth of ammo can go a long way ^_^
Old 2009-12-16, 03:46   #14
RHYS4190

Beta had a lot of issues, It promised to fix a lot of problems but ultimately it did not. And some maps like fools road and operation barracuda just did not work at all with out the rallys.

The only map i was happy with on beta was kashan desert, The rest of them did have a lot of issues.
Old 2009-12-16, 03:52   #15
Rudd
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
It promised to fix a lot of problems
I'm sorry, but I missed the promise thread...

I loved the beta, I cannot play without it anymore having tasted such gameplay

Maps like fools road, barracuda, muttrah etc seriously benefited as you constantly faught over things that matterred rather than random pieces of ground (unless ofc a flag was on some random piece of ground ) (since hteir rally was nearby and your rally was nearby) and transport had something to do rather than 'deliver to shore....wait....wait....wait...get bored...fly around in boredom...get shot down and anger your teammates'

now its 'deliver to shore, need a firebase, need a firebase, squad overrun, need a lift, need a firebase' more interesting, more strategic, more teamwork orientated, more realistic in the gameplay itself.

Loved it, and well done DEVs.

Old 2009-12-16, 04:01   #16
Expendable Grunt

I missed out on this, sadly, so I can't really respond well.

How well does assaults AGAINST random dirt patches go? Even with rally points, assaulting those random wooded hills on Fools Road was hell; how about now?

M.
Old 2009-12-16, 04:18   #17
devildog279

D version was the best. allowed for squads with new members have that member (s) spawn on them. the lack of infinitely lasting rallies was great because it forced much more teamwork. I hope the devs hurry up and adopt this approach and get .9 released because I can barely wait!

well done all, and thanks for letting us contribute
Old 2009-12-16, 04:35   #18
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Glad to help.

Old 2009-12-16, 05:19   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-CON]Rudd View Post
I'm sorry, but I missed the promise thread...

I loved the beta, I cannot play without it anymore having tasted such gameplay

Maps like fools road, barracuda, muttrah etc seriously benefited as you constantly faught over things that matterred rather than random pieces of ground (unless ofc a flag was on some random piece of ground ) (since hteir rally was nearby and your rally was nearby) and transport had something to do rather than 'deliver to shore....wait....wait....wait...get bored...fly around in boredom...get shot down and anger your teammates'

now its 'deliver to shore, need a firebase, need a firebase, squad overrun, need a lift, need a firebase' more interesting, more strategic, more teamwork orientated, more realistic in the gameplay itself.

Loved it, and well done DEVs.
I was playing on the bigd community server exclusively since the beta's release and I have found the complete opposite. Some maps are completely broken by the loss of rally points, namely the previously high quality korengal and Ramiel.

This breaks the boat layer of barracuda as well due to the lack of any supply crate vehicles.

The only maps that worked with the beta are ones which both allowed both unhindered fob construction for both sides, and had quick transport relative to the size of the map. This basically leaves Muttrah, some layers of barracuda, and maybe west fallujah. Infantry focused maps don't work without rally points.

Insurgency, once the strength of project reality, is now the glaring weakness, with blufor struggling to approach their objectives by attempting to produce weak and exposed fobs against hordes of well equipped insurgents. As a result of the beta, numbers on bigd, the only Australian pr community have suffered significiantly (down about half), with a large percentage of players opting to avoid PR until the beta blows over.

If any of these changes become permanent, project reality will die in Australia.
Last edited by 009783232; 2009-12-16 at 05:26..
Old 2009-12-16, 06:31   #20
hx.bjoffe
PR:BF2 QA Tester
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expendable Grunt View Post
How well does assaults AGAINST random dirt patches go? Even with rally points, assaulting those random wooded hills on Fools Road was hell; how about now?
You'd better bring some friends
Closed Thread

Tags
beta, ended, official, point, public, rally, test, testing