project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-19, 19:47   #11
JKJudgeX
Default Re: AK-47 Accuracy... really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiberNative View Post
the second youtube link seems to have been removed.

i've never shot an ak47, but from what i've understood, ammo has a noticeable effect on grouping. i've also understood that there's a slight difference comparing top shelf ammunition in western stores through a gun you might own.

now visualize maltreated ak47s with old surplus or leftover ammunition from the afghan war ;P
Right, but it's a misconception that insurgents use all beat up, inferior weaponry... people are underestimating the number of post-cold-war era Soviet Bloc weapons STILL IN COSMOLINE. These are the guns that these guys are getting, still importing, still cracking open the wooden boxes from 20+ years ago...

And there are still weapons being manufactured and moved in, too, constantly... it's not that difficult to get good, new weapons on the cheap in the middle East/Africa/etc... borders are not patrolled well.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:49   #12
Cpl.Small

The AK 47 is inacurate when fired automatically... it's the same in PR, just single shot, with spacing between shots and you'll be fine
Old 2009-05-19, 19:50   #13
AquaticPenguin

Maybe in afghanistan where the taliban are more organised but I gather that in Iraq there is no obvious or competent chain of command and no thorough training.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:53   #14
JKJudgeX

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-COM]Cpl.Small View Post
The AK 47 is inacurate when fired automatically... it's the same in PR, just single shot, with spacing between shots and you'll be fine
The spacing required between shots = far too great.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:54   #15
Ace42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheditor View Post
Well in real life AK-47s dont have that much range, they use a higher calibre round meaning the bullet doesnt go as far.
That is a gross oversimplification of the numerous different factors involving ballistic trajectory. By that argument, battleships using MASSIVE rounds would barely be able to hit people armed with thrown darts.

Muzzle-velocity, rifling, MOA, barrel-harmonics, etc all have significant effect on range. Now write "I must not conflate ballistic properties with the projectile's dynamics" x20 and promise not to do it again
Old 2009-05-19, 19:56   #16
Cheditor

The m-16 uses the 5.56 and this goes futher than the 7.(cant remember the last bit) round the AK-47 uses. But it is not as powerful. This is one reason the M468 is in production, has range and power.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:57   #17
hiberNative

impressive:

i want to rub these videos in the face of the fanboys that keep linking the picatinny comparison.
Old 2009-05-19, 19:59   #18
BroCop

*cough* Some of the insurgents had police training and previous war experience (yes an non-NATO soldier can actually survive firefights)

about the AK being a sniper....just reduce the range instead of overall accuracy. I mean by that logic then you should nerf the PKM as in undeployed mode you can sniper soldiers at 400 meters (done it yesterday in a standing position from the Archway rooftop firing accidentally at a friendly in a window in the big building south of it that has a underground complex beneath it, TKing him in the process)
Old 2009-05-19, 20:00   #19
Cpl.Small

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKJudgeX View Post
The spacing required between shots = far too great.
No it isn't, I'd like to se you fire the AK 47 with <1 second spacings for a whole magazine, see how your shoulder feels
Old 2009-05-19, 20:02   #20
x.trEm*e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr2B Rudd View Post
its fine, I was sniping snipers off of USMC main on fallujah the other day, 3 seconds settle time and its bang on the money.
seems that going after all your posts you are a freaking uber pro with unhuman powers and where life in PR-nights is too easy for you as you sit there smoking a cigar and drinking a beer and kill everyone now with closed eyes...

as you need more and more things that make a little PR soldiers life harder...

You are kinda my hero now you know
(sry for offtopic)
Closed Thread

Tags
accuracy, ak47