project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Suggestions
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Suggestions Suggestions from our community members for PR:BF2. Read the stickies before posting.

Old 2007-03-09, 07:52   #11
KP
Retired Moderator

Yep, as the old saying goes: "Less is more"

That is, less vBF2 is more.
KP is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 08:30   #12
El_Vikingo

ROE? Hello?
El_Vikingo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 09:41   #13
mammikoura

If you ask me the name tags are fine. Almost thought of saying that they could be removed, but then again I understood that it really wouldn't be a good idea after all.

And as the guys already said, don't shoot if you are not sure. You wouldn't shoot in real life if you didn't know who you were aiming at, or would you?
And also, as you play more it becomes easier to see the difference. Sometimes it's hard to tell the difference, but I like it that way.
mammikoura is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 12:52   #14
DivS-konti

Quote:
Half the maps you play on its hard to tell colors from a safe disance and you end up TK'ing.
there's a poll on this in these forums

the viewing distance of friendly nametags got altered by the devs. it's almost fine now. but it's indeed difficult on some maps to seperate them from enemies.
DivS-konti is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 16:56   #15
Dyer |3-5|

ever heard of the Q button? "Enemy Infantry!", if you only get a question mark on your mini map, and its directly on top of a friendly, then ITS A FRIENDLY.
Common people, put a little bit of effort into things, would you like them to make your guns shoot whenever you get into range of an enemy too? The mod is focused on REALITY, and in RL, their are no magic blue, green, or red lines of text that magically appear when you aim your weapon at someone. Stop crying because YOU actually have to do somthing...
Dyer |3-5| is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 17:02   #16
Ghostrider
Retired PR Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxman101
Well ive been playing PRM for a while and lets face it...you just cant always tell whos a friend and whos an ally. Half the maps you play on its hard to tell colors from a safe disance and you end up TK'ing. In real life youd at least know who teamates where by what they wear. I think Friendly nametags that stayed and went pretty far would halp alot in having the mod have a funner,smoother, and less stressful gameplay. Im tired of playing on a dark map that makes everyone look at an enemy and by the time you have your sights over enough to see the nametag...you're dead haha.
Sorry. Not happening. You must learn the ways of Project Reality. Besides... , we're not currently taking requests from vBF2 players anyways

-Ghost

Ghostrider is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 17:12   #17
Michael_Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeZe
No.

If you are not sure, check your minimap.
If you are not sure, don't shoot.

Agree.
Its all about team work.
Michael_Denmark is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 21:07   #18
Animalmother

fog of war
Animalmother is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 21:44   #19
saxman101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyer |3-5|
ever heard of the Q button? "Enemy Infantry!", if you only get a question mark on your mini map, and its directly on top of a friendly, then ITS A FRIENDLY.
Common people, put a little bit of effort into things, would you like them to make your guns shoot whenever you get into range of an enemy too? The mod is focused on REALITY, and in RL, their are no magic blue, green, or red lines of text that magically appear when you aim your weapon at someone. Stop crying because YOU actually have to do somthing...
haha do you know hom many times this will actually work? Me and alot of my friends dont rely on this since it doesnt always spot them mattering on your distance. Doesnt help very much to do that and end up TK'ing anyways. Thx for help though guys ill just play more and learn colors.
saxman101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-09, 21:57   #20
eL33t

Here are your options

1) Shoot first, ask questions later, let god sort them out...

2) Be a medic, say your sorry, and try ferociously to revive them...

3) Keep your mini map zoomed in and check for friendlies...

4) (My personal favorite) Spot them with the q-button, and see what team it thinks it's on...

5) Memorize what the different enemies look like, and don't shoot your team. If you do shoot your teammates, refer to answer #2. If you are not sure what the enemy looks like, refer to answer #4

6) Just assume the role of your team's assigned "Team-Killer", and refer to answer #1
eL33t is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
allies, farther, nametags