project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Tales from the Front
18 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Tales from the Front Share your in-game experiences playing PR:BF2.

Old 2011-08-07, 08:53   #11
cyberzomby
Default Re: Phail photos.

Dtacs:
Quote:
he would've realized there is perfectly flat ground to land in on the main road through the village, or at the VCP some 200m to the west.
Quote:
any chopper pilot who cannot follow the most simplest commands such as landing exactly where he is told shouldn't be playing the game.
Maybe he got told to exactly land on that hill Pilots, should have the final call on where to set you down. Better for the infantry to walk 200m from the VCP in your example, than land on a hill and tip it over.

Keep in mind guys that this is just a game. If this where a tournament setting I'd be all with you on naming the poor players. But not everyone has the time to play this game 24/7 and be awesome 1337 pro at it. This is just a public game everyone can play and enjoy.
PR community has enough elitist claims over itself as is. Better not make it worse
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 09:36   #12
splatters

Yes, but there is great difference between not having pro skills and overestimating your skill or even knowingly taking up a task you know you can't handle properly.

There are plenty of roles in PR where your actions alone can't affect a large group's gameplay so dramatically - at least in a negative way. Usually they don't involve heavy machinery.

sidenote - good chopper pilot should be able to drop troops and supplies pretty much on any terrain in terms of not crashing the thing. There is such an option as hovering too
splatters is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 10:19   #13
Agemman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacs View Post
Its his own incompetence, you can tell since he immediately quit the server without explaining himself. He is a shining example of why people shouldn't pilot choppers without knowing the game in and out. If he would have not been utterly idiotic, he would've realized there is perfectly flat ground to land in on the main road through the village, or at the VCP some 200m to the west.

There is nothing else in this game I despise more than incompetent pilots, any chopper pilot who cannot follow the most simplest commands such as landing exactly where he is told shouldn't be playing the game. Naming and shaming is an excellent idea, as it allows blacklisting of pilots. I don't communicate with them, or even acknowledge them, as all it takes is a single easily-avoidable mistake and they're on it.

Common sense is a critical trait, if you don't have it, don't fly.

I did miss the fact that he disconnected, I watched it without sound the first time. Of course he might've been a crappy pilot, but you are still too quick to judge in my opinion. If you join a server, get into a helicopter and then he crashes on the landing you would seemingly rule him out as a bad pilot and immediately blacklist him? That is retarded. He could have done a dozen perfect drops before yours and simply gotten a connection problem, lagspike or anything really. You can't deny that.

Even if you do blacklist pilots there is nothing to stop them from becoming good in the end. The guy that crashed a helicopter a few months back might be an excellent pilot now that he's received training in it. In the end, just chill. This is a game and there are rooms for mistakes because guess what? You respawn, you play the map several times (most likely) and so forth. You gain experience from your death instead of simply going home in a coffin.

I mean, I read the thread you posted and you have comments from the actual pilot that it was a random occurrence. As well as comments form Jafar and others that he is a good pilot. I can add to that as well as I've had Saxoni as my pilot before. Never had any problems. In general dtacs, you seem to rage too much too quickly.
Agemman is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 13:27   #14
Stealthgato

Oh, this round. My MTLB 30mm got the most kills, lol. Almost killed your Bradley at the hills when you were watching North Bunkers.
Stealthgato is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 16:28   #15
PricelineNegotiator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agemman View Post
I did miss the fact that he disconnected, I watched it without sound the first time. Of course he might've been a crappy pilot, but you are still too quick to judge in my opinion. If you join a server, get into a helicopter and then he crashes on the landing you would seemingly rule him out as a bad pilot and immediately blacklist him? That is retarded. He could have done a dozen perfect drops before yours and simply gotten a connection problem, lagspike or anything really. You can't deny that.

Even if you do blacklist pilots there is nothing to stop them from becoming good in the end. The guy that crashed a helicopter a few months back might be an excellent pilot now that he's received training in it. In the end, just chill. This is a game and there are rooms for mistakes because guess what? You respawn, you play the map several times (most likely) and so forth. You gain experience from your death instead of simply going home in a coffin.

I mean, I read the thread you posted and you have comments from the actual pilot that it was a random occurrence. As well as comments form Jafar and others that he is a good pilot. I can add to that as well as I've had Saxoni as my pilot before. Never had any problems. In general dtacs, you seem to rage too much too quickly.
Yes, I've had this happen to me before by dtacs. We were playing Dragon Fly on TG and I was piloting the lynx and he called me for pickup. I landed on top of a car at first, which was a good spot, but in the end I *tried* to land somewhere else and ended up just crashing into a building. It was quite noobish of me to fly the lynx, as I find it a shit helicopter and just too fast in general. But when I crash dtacs just starts raging at me for being a f%#king noob and telling me to never fly again since I'm incompetent. I fly on TG all the time as the cow pilot, and have never had a problem. Ask other people if you don't believe me. As for you dtacs, I respect your ability to play the game well, but you just need to chill out. BE HAPPY DUDE, JUST A GAME!
PricelineNegotiator is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 16:32   #16
goguapsy

Guys, back to the pictures! You guys can type all you want, but a single phail pic is worth so much more than a phail discussion!
goguapsy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 17:27   #17
Smegburt_funkledink

Me and Octo instinctively saluted our APC as it slid down the hill after we flipped it...

The squad we were suppose to pick up got killed moments later.

[R-Div]Robbi "There's nothing more skanky than eating out of a tub of hummus with a screwdriver."
[R-DEV]Matrox "CHINAAAAAAA!!!"
Smegburt_funkledink is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 19:44   #18
Airsoft
Retired PR Developer

old pr vid dunno why, but it made me laugh

Airsoft is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 19:45   #19
ukVandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberzomby View Post
Keep in mind guys that this is just a game...
My sentiments exactly. This is something I always remind people when they start raging.
It's ridiculous that players get so angry and wound up over something that they, supposedly, do for fun, if a video game can get ppl so annoyed maybe they should find a different hobby.

Just my oppinion.
ukVandal is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-07, 21:41   #20
cyberzomby

Its the sole reason I only flew the apache once and gunned it 3 times tops! I have NEVER flew Jet's in a live game. People rage so fast. In all the years I've played PR I'm infantry mostly because I don't want to be known as a newb who crashes things :P
cyberzomby is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
aar, phail, photos