project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
22 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2011-09-08, 00:33   #11
Hotrod525
Default Re: The I lead I gun syndrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nehil View Post
Usually makes more sense, yes. Optics for spotting are generally better for the driver on MBTs. As a SL you will have to squadlead while gunning and you won't get your target as quickly in your sights if you are doing SL stuff at the same time.

The game would make more sense if they added optics to the third seat, sort of how the SPG-9 operates. You can play it unscoped for more situational awareness and then scope in when your target appears. Would this work on armor with .50cal instead of the SPG-9? So that the commander could get some optics/CROWS? Maybe should put this in suggestions...

It's just far more realistic to have 3 man crews on MBTs atleast.
Why would it need an optic or a CROW on the 3rd seat ? Driver already have access to the CCITV
And why arguing about vehicle crew, if you want ultimate realism join the army men.
Hotrod525 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 01:47   #12
Murphy

When I gun I always prefer the driver to be SL. Mainly so he can give me a marker when he sees a target, much more effective then just giving me a bearing. I also believe the gunner should be focused on the task at hand(the destruction of all opposition), while the driver has to be one step ahead of the enemy, in that sense the driver will need crucial intel from other SLs or COMM.

I have been gunner SL a few times in the past few months because I was obviously more experienced then the driver. I realize at that point I should switch spots, but one somewhat inexperienced driver I had turned out to be a beast at the helm when things got heated. Ended that round with an incredible kdr thanks to his sense to keep us alive. Kudos hellkat, was a hell of a round dude!
Murphy is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 07:12   #13
Asystole

I actually have noticed that sometimes the driver of the tank gets more points at the end of the round than the gunner. I've witnessed that many times. So nowadays I really don't care whether I gun or drive.

But still absolutely agreed that squadleaders should ALWAYS drive the armour. It benefits the whole squad.
Asystole is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:12   #14
Arnoldio
Banned

SL driving is common sense, more convenient, can multitask. SL gunning is waste of potential.
Arnoldio is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:13   #15
NyteMyre

uhm....isn't that common sense ?
I've been doing that since 0.5
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:31   #16
Nitneuc
Supporting Member

It used to be a must when 3D markers could be seen at unlimited range but even now it's always better to have driver/commander as SL.

Many thanks to everyone involved in the making of the best videogaming experience ever !
Nitneuc is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 09:56   #17
TheComedian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokkane View Post
I actually have noticed that sometimes the driver of the tank gets more points at the end of the round than the gunner. I've witnessed that many times.
A big advantage of being a SL driver is the driver assist points stacking up. On a good round the driver might have up to 4000 points!
TheComedian is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 11:06   #18
Nehil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod525 View Post
Why would it need an optic or a CROW on the 3rd seat ? Driver already have access to the CCITV
And why arguing about vehicle crew, if you want ultimate realism join the army men.
Because that's how MBTs work. Commander commands the vehicle, not the driver. It would add realism and I'd like to think it'd be more fun.

And if you don't want it, you could always skip the third seat and have the driver be SL.
Nehil is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 11:20   #19
karambaitos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheComedian View Post
A big advantage of being a SL driver is the driver assist points stacking up. On a good round the driver might have up to 4000 points!
and its all about the points
karambaitos is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-08, 11:22   #20
jerkzilla

One thing in PR that applies probably the most to armor is that positioning is waaay more important than the actual shooting, which practically anyone can do, so it only makes sense that the driver is the one calling the shots.
jerkzilla is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gun, lead, syndrom