project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
08 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2012-04-13, 05:43   #11
KiloJules
Default Re: PR:V No scopes = Fun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyco187 View Post
i think the reason why more people like PR V is because of how long the rounds take till the next map reg PR takes all day long just for one round
As far as I can tell most people strongly disagree with you on that point! Including me.
I mean Dieng Duong is just way too short. If you do anything else than frontline infantry, for example running mortars, the map is over before it even started. Oc a 2,5 hour round of Silent Eagle is long but most rounds are around 1-1,5 hours, which is perfect imo. And finishing a map with a team K/D-ration of 30ish/50ish after 30 minutes is not the right thing for sure.

So far I really enjoy PR:V despite some minor/medium issues here and there. Like short rounds, chaotic flag layouts, some very small cap ranges, etc.

Regarding the no-scopes:

I usually don't use scopes anyway so I am kinda used to it. And I like it. Actually it is giving me a harder time because less enemies look though their ACOG and miss how I sneak around them and shoot them in the back

Not too sure about the missing Binos though. Most people tend not to wait for their SL get out his binos, check the ridge and tell them to go before they move out. This leads to some headless running around "until wel find some enemies". Gameplay will settle a bit most likely after some time.

A combination of the two options above might be best...at least for normal PR with larger distances. Spotting your enemy from far away and then planing a way to take them out in close-midranges makes for the best infantry combat imo.
KiloJules is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 06:05   #12
SGT.Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Adriaan View Post
According to MAs personnel equipped with binoculars is usually limited to officers and snipers/scouts even nowadays, so it would probably be a more realistic choice to give them to those kits only.
Problem with that is sometime's the SL does not want to be standing around trying to spot targets 24/7, and we have no scout class.
SGT.Ice is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 07:10   #13
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

I like no scopes. Just having a hard time getting used to no binocs.

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 08:34   #14
Ca6e

According to MAs personnel equipped with binoculars is usually limited to officers and snipers/scouts even nowadays, so it would probably be a more realistic choice to give them to those kits only.

i wish that was in standard PR too, SL would get much more controle of their buddies, and also will give more avarnes of surounding to the sq in other worlds, now when SL see enm, and report it, everyone take out binoc or zoom in with ACOG on the target , and leave flanks and back open.

And also ther is a lot of bullets flying above the heads, like IRL, i just love it, some times its so intense, hehe like it was my first round on la dreng, with fob at command in the middle of the open terrain with a lot of foxholes build and a lot of fire from all sides. I just love it, and by sounds that was produced by my buddies around i think they all love it. yeeeeha

This we need in standard PR. (also i would put rifelman ACOG as a limited kit, couse also IRL, noit everybody use ACOG, it should be limited at least till PR2 comes out, where u will be able shoot with ACOG and Ironsight above acog on the same gun is that so devs :d)
Ca6e is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 08:57   #15
Gullerback

It definitely adds more tension to the battlefield.. Is that speck in the Tree line a buddy moving up or is it a Enemy Lining up your head in his cross-hairs.

But I do sympathize with some of the people, I've been seeing a rise in Teamkills in Vietnam maps personally.. Nothing dramatic, but enough to notice.
Gullerback is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:00   #16
Jolly

No binocs is horrible, so I drive tranhelo more often.....

(All Settings are LOW, You can imagine how bad is it.)
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:34   #17
Gore
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Limiting ACOGs and other scopes in standard PR could be interesting.

Gore is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:44   #18
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

Yes I must say it has become much more challenging, aiming is harder, the stress is higher and the action is almost always their, even if it isn't (You never know when they are coming).

PoisonBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:53   #19
Kain888
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I noticed everyone making due without binos/optics and adjusting accordingly, it's a great teamwork multiplier and I would like to see some of the little things carried over to PR (I realize modern soldiers almost always have binos but for sake of gameplay I like having them limited).
Would be cool. I personally would like to see no nametags. :P Would require people to adjust as well and properly identify target, just like in PRV. :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
That's one of the things I dislike about PR:V, the rounds feel short and it's less satisfying when you win thanks to that.
Agreed, rounds are way too short and unsatisfying.

Kain888 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 09:57   #20
NyteMyre

Snipers are now OP....
Picked off an entire squad before they could even touch me
NyteMyre is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
fun, prv, scopes