project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
20 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2012-06-04, 14:15   #11
ShavedAlpaca
Default Re: Falklands Testing Feedback

The Argentinian planes handle beautifully!

I am a shit pilot. I literally do mean shit and I landed this down the ramp, so not using it as a stopper, broke the front wheel but still
Old 2012-06-04, 20:01   #12
Microwaife

I loved it, i just think that more boats should be available for the brits. Also there should be more infantry cover, i know that trees are not a solution because there are pretty much none on these islands. Maybe some more ditches.
Old 2012-06-04, 21:37   #13
RazoR41

This is a utterly stupid question but...

where do you get PR:Falklands?

if not is a release nearby?
Old 2012-06-04, 22:33   #14
Kevokpo

The beta test was yesterday but I think the link is not up anymore, so you will have to wait until next beta if there is one, or the official release.
Old 2012-06-05, 16:53   #15
Murphy

I felt the air assets were a little over emphasized, too many jets in the air all the time. No one really ran inf, of the two days I played (2 rounds each day) I had seen maybe 12-15 enemy infantry-men and then jets.

Not enough ground transportation for either side, and choppers are a nice idea but never really pan out so well thanks to so many aircraft in the sky. I feel the air needs to be toned down and more incentive given to playing infantry, most of the time a handful of us just walked objective to objective without seeing a single person as everyone was waiting for an aircraft to spawn. It felt like test airfield with a dash of flag capping for people who couldn't be arsed to argue for a jet (I was also disappointed at the Jets, Jets2, CAS squads. I mean come on).

Aside from my obvious beef with everyone wanting to fly and basically refusing to test the ground combat I felt it might have been fun to have a North - South flag layout to run as an option instead of the East - West layout. More points of interest further south of Green Goose could give the map more playability and have the infantry actually use more of the island for combat.

I loved the view distance changes, and I enjoyed the inf combat when it did occur, also crewing the scimi turned out to be quite a challenge thanks to the super effective AT weapons and being able to see over such vast expanses. I had a blast when there was fun to be had, but sitting in AA shooting jets (friendlies too oooops) is over rated even though no one else seemed to care.
Old 2012-06-05, 19:02   #16
Ron-Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
I feel the air needs to be toned down and more incentive given to playing infantry, most of the time a handful of us just walked objective to objective without seeing a single person as everyone was waiting for an aircraft to spawn.
pls never do that, its amaizing atm, and i think on brits there was not a lack of inf and jet teamwork.

btw im already missing the map, when will be the next test?
Old 2012-06-05, 19:22   #17
[R-DEV]Mineral
PR:BF2 Lead Designer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Frankly I think it's the only map in PR that really plays Jets like it should. In this map it makes sense. I always found jets to be out of place in PR. But for some reason it fit's right in this map. I played mostly infantry during the test weekend, and yes, other maps are better for infantry gameplay,but I think it's still balanced and fun.

Old 2012-06-05, 19:50   #18
Kevokpo

Maybe It was just the only round I played, everybody waiting for the planes, doing nothing on the corners of the map, all this, at least on my side. Actually don't really know if there is inbalance but, the argentinian faction is getting an armor? I know that Argentina had an apc in that moment but really did not use it in the fight.

The transportation is fine for me, as there was a lack of this assets during the conflict.
Old 2012-06-05, 19:56   #19
MikeDude

I've got the feeling we havn't even been able to test it..
I have not been in the server with more then 30 people. And 30 people is just not enough for this map.
Old 2012-06-05, 20:16   #20
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Cheers guys

Murphy your the only person so far that I've heard that thinks the jets should be toned down, anyone else think that at all out of intrastate? Don't be shy

Flag layout (as well as asset layout) is based very much on the 1982 war:

Although at some point in the future I may do an alternative layer that goes beyond that, for now would just like to keep things simple and stick with that

I also personally believe that one good solid layer is better for gameplay than loads of untested and mostly unbalanced layers which its a gamble if your going to get a good, fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevokpo View Post
Actually don't really know if there is inbalance but, the argentinian faction is getting an armor? I know that Argentina had an apc in that moment but really did not use it in the fight.
I think your thinking of the LVPT-7, which was only used in the initial Argentine assault on the islands.

The only armour the Argentinians had during the later stages of the conflict was the Panhard AML 90, which is currently in the works with the ARF faction and hopefully when its done I might be able to include it in the map
Right now got no suitable place holder for it and not very necessary for balance but could be made to work

Tags
falklands, feedback, testing