project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Bugs
21 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 Bugs If you find a bug within PR:BF2 (including PRSP), please report it here.

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-13, 09:00   #11
Skullening.Chris
Supporting Member

Weird, same thing happened to me earlier, too. I thought it was just server crashes or something, but I guess three servers all crashing in a row after a few minutes of me joining is pretty unlikely... It was on fuller servers too, since I always sort my list by the number of players and go for the one with the most...
Old 2006-11-13, 10:07   #12
YaluXee

No no. its not a servercrash, thats a different matter i think.
The players with my problem got disconnected. The server maintained.
Though I dont know, if more than one player is disconnected at once in consequence of an error. Most players stay on server as i can see when im rejoining 2 mins later.
Its powerfull annoying. I guess i try the reinstall of this mode.
Hope dies last.
Old 2006-11-13, 11:46   #13
Barendz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdterp1987
First off, you moved away from your father b/c he couldn't provide you internet anymore? WOW.
Lol no my parents are divorced and I just moved my pc to the other house. They live about 500 meters apart. What do you think of me

on topic: I got disconnected immediatly when I join a filled server. When I join a server with less then 10-15 people on it I can play just fine.
Old 2006-11-13, 15:08   #14
eddie
The [R-MOD]s' Poodle

I've had this problem since v3.0, good luck trying to find some help.
Old 2006-11-13, 16:44   #15
Nutronic

Maybe its down to your net connection, for me if I join a server with almost max players of 64 for example I get lagged and then eventually disconnected, maybe your net speed is slow so you get disconnected straight away.
Old 2006-11-13, 17:11   #16
Barendz

yes Im hoping that very much cause I get a new internet connection soon
only thing is that I dont get disconnected when I join a server which is almost empty but fills up after ive joined
Old 2006-11-13, 21:45   #17
YaluXee

Problem:
Connection to server lost. No reason given.
Happens for me all 20 min or so. Sometimes sooner, sometimes not for quite a while.
Many other people suffer this problem too.
One player reported a graficcard update helped him out.
Since i cant update my grafics im really desperate.
New install of mod doesnt solve the problem.

As far as i red. Many people who encounter the same had like me no such problems on previous versions of PR or in BF2 and other Mods.

I BEG YOU TO SOLVE THIS MATTER IN YOUR NEXT PATCH.
I am addicted to your mod !

PS: often the server was full, and i do a action when im disconnected, like killing an enemy or entering a car. But coulf be coincidence.
PLZ HELP
Old 2006-11-16, 18:26   #18
Barendz

I just thought of something I should have tried alot earlier: testing it in vBF2.
I hoped very much that it would give the same problem which would mean its my connection as I get a new and much faster one in a few days.

unfortunately I could play very well on a full 64 player server.

Could any of the devs give information about extra use of bandwith in PR? If there is, faster internet could still be a solution but if theres not Im afraid its something in PR which disables me to play on populair servers. And that sucks donkeyballs
Old 2006-11-16, 19:49   #19
Barendz

Ive just read the update message for ABR servers so I tried Thors to see if the problem had been fixed but its still there.
Old 2006-11-16, 19:58   #20
JAKL

I think this problem is independent of the server crash problems that is being addressed in the most recent server fix. I see this happening to too many players on our After-Hourz server for this to be an issue with the client's connection. In the server it's always says Lost Connection for the particular player. The server keeps chugging along and the player has to reconnect.
Closed Thread

Tags
disconnect, servers