project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Clans > Clan Recruitment
19 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
Clan Recruitment Post here if you are looking for a clan, or wish to advertise vacancies within yours.

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-25, 22:17   #11
Nusrah
Default Re: Jabhaat Al Nusrah - Clan

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post
The Liberation Army Against Freedom is happy to declare war to the Jabhaat Al Nusrah!

For my view whores the L.A.A.F is introduced below, a secret organization ready to take out everyone!

-snip-

No really, rename your clan, this isn't appropriate according to PR standards.
HAHAHA, thats funny nice one.
Last edited by [R-MOD]Spec; 2013-07-20 at 11:02..
Old 2013-07-14, 22:17   #12
Careless

What's wrong with the name?
It sounds Arabic so it must be 'terrorists' lol
100% sure if an American would make a clan named 'arab children killers and rapers' nobody would give a damn, the argument would be ''it's just a joke, you doln't understand humor''
Old 2013-07-14, 23:06   #13
BroCop

Maybe because the name of the "clan" is actually the name of an actual terrorist organization

UN blacklists Syria's al-Nusra Front - Americas - Al Jazeera English
Old 2013-07-15, 05:02   #14
waldov

Jesus since when has PR been politically correct? I mean come on its a game where you can simulate Suicide attacks against coalition forces for Pete sake, its Project Reality if theirs to much reality in there for you then play something else. Who cares if Al Nusrah is blacklisted anyway, USMC and IDF are blacklisted by a lot of other people as well but you can use there names anyway. These forums are multi-national forums for people to discuss an awesome mod for BF2 and make clans for it, not a place to discuss who you think is a terrorist group and tell people what you think is or isnt an appropriate name (with exceptions obviously).
Old 2013-07-15, 06:56   #15
Spook
Supporting Member

Well if its not about political correctness, we can also start calling us al-Qaida and suicide with jets into T-Shapes. But yeah I get what you mean. I guess it is OK, aslong as those people do not get too much in their role or even actually support the ideology of such groups, so some people might get offended. Be it islamic-, right- or left-wing extremism etc.

Problem with such groups is that you cannot really get into their role without being racist, since they are either religiously or racially motivated. Normal armies just fight because they are told to, not because they hate the people they are fighting.

Last edited by [R-CON]Spook; 2013-07-15 at 07:06..
Old 2013-07-15, 07:51   #16
PoisonBill
Supporting Member

There should be valid reasons to ban names and symbols such as:

But not those such as:

::::::::::::::::::::::

Sure PR might be a game with a global community, but that doesn't mean that you can use a name of a terrorist organization. What if a PR player joins this community [clan] and gets into trouble in his country? I don't think that our community should stand responsible for any such event, therefor as a member I don't approve of the OP.

Old 2013-07-15, 10:42   #17
Cossack
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldov View Post
Jesus since when has PR been politically correct? I mean come on its a game where you can simulate Suicide attacks against coalition forces for Pete sake, its Project Reality if theirs to much reality in there for you then play something else. Who cares if Al Nusrah is blacklisted anyway, USMC and IDF are blacklisted by a lot of other people as well but you can use there names anyway. These forums are multi-national forums for people to discuss an awesome mod for BF2 and make clans for it, not a place to discuss who you think is a terrorist group and tell people what you think is or isnt an appropriate name (with exceptions obviously).
PR is not made for promoting terrorism. And such names and claims can be misunderstood by officials. If there will be any trouble, seems like we all will have to say bye bye to INS gamemode, Iraqi ins, Taliban and Hamas factions.

Old 2013-07-15, 11:30   #18
Prevtzer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack112 View Post
PR is not made for promoting terrorism. And such names and claims can be misunderstood by officials. If there will be any trouble, seems like we all will have to say bye bye to INS gamemode, Iraqi ins, Taliban and Hamas factions.
Yeah, I'm sure the "officials" care deeply about what somebody uses as part of their name in a video game that barely anybody plays, surely they will bring an end to INS game mode because of that...
I'm going to start wearing Hamas tags just to counter all the people wearing IDF tags and I see no problem with that at all. If INS game mode suddenly disappears, you know what happened.
Old 2013-07-18, 17:32   #19
Careless

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroCop View Post
Maybe because the name of the "clan" is actually the name of an actual terrorist organization

UN blacklists Syria's al-Nusra Front - Americas - Al Jazeera English
Then let us make just teams by colour, blue team, red team. Like in CS.

Then again, terrorist organization, huh.. In that manner IDF, Russia, China and USA must also be removed for terrorist actions..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cossack112 View Post
Then why the hell did the devs put these factions in? Because they're probably funded by Hamas in order to get some sweaty beardnecks become terrorists?

It's not that someone is deeply emotionaly hurt by the fact that the name's Jabhaat Al Nusrah, but just because of the self-importancy, pretentiousness and political "correctnes" of the morally and ethical good people of this forum.
Old 2013-07-18, 17:45   #20
SShadowFox

Things such as "Taliban", "Hamas" or "Insurgents" are just generic names. Numerous insurgent groups fight in Afghanistan, against the NATO or even against the Taliban, but in the end of the day, they're known as "Taliban".

But the Jabhaat Al Nusrah is a completely different thing, it is not a generic name, is an actual insurgent faction, you can't call any Mujahideen a "Jabhaat Al Nusrah member", but every Jabhaat Al Nusrah member is a Mujahideen and FSA soldier.
Closed Thread

Tags
clan, jabhaat, nusrah