project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Infantry
12 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-08-24, 15:43   #11
BroCop
Default Re: 9mm Pistols

...does anybody even read OP's anymore?

Quote:
So what's about reducing accuracy, reducing damage vs armored, increasing kick, increasing damage vs unarmored?
As you can see, he is talking about decreasing dmg versus armored targets.

But then again, this is sounds like a suggestion disguised as a feedback thread.
BroCop is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-24, 15:50   #12
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

Exactly, which is why I wanted to talk about feedback now, not further discuss his suggestion. I'm interested in hearing your opinion on the handgun rounds as it is.

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2013-08-24, 21:48   #13
Predator.v2

As far as i can see, most pistols (like the 92fs) and the mp5_a3 uses the same "900" mm projectile (28 dmg until 45m and 0.4 dmg after 160m). That is 4 hits at body armor and arms/legs for a kill. And should be 3 hits at non (low) body armor (dmg x 1,3) for a kill.

Personally, i think with the increased accuracy (especially on the move) and the slightly increased dmg (it have been 5 hits for a body armor kill in 0.9x), the pistol plays a better role as "support/emergency weapon", especially when the ammo for the main weapon runs out or at insurgency (vs unarmored targets).
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-25, 10:12   #14
Spec
Retired Moderator
Supporting Member

4 hits to body armour, that's only one more than 5.56mm. That sounds more than fair, and appears to support my own experience. I do remember one time using a pistol and it somehow seemed weaker than the SMGs (which I use more often, because I'm much more likely to play HAMAS/ARF Medic or MEC Crewman than Officer, Sniper or Pilot). Perhaps that was in my imagination. I recently blew up a truck with a 9mm pistol, too, during testing. That sort of speaks for it...

--- currently reduced activity ---
Thanks to [R-MOD]IINoddyII for the signature!
Old 2013-08-25, 10:50   #15
Predator.v2

There are one or two pistols with lower damage (24). One was the makarov, not sure about the other one.
Predator.v2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-27, 17:10   #16
[RGN]Fishsticks

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Spec View Post
Peace, everyone understood eachother after all.

9mm should be weak. I found the MP5 to be quite powerful though, is there any difference in damage between 9mm fired from an MP5 and fired from a pistol (in game)?

The longer barel of the MP5 would add a couple hundred ft/s velocity to a 9mm round vs pistol. That minimal increase would not be enough to warrant an increase of target damage in game or in real life IMO. Would be interesting to see how it's modeled in-game though.
[RGN]Fishsticks is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
9mm, pistols