project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > Project Reality Support > General Technical Support
14 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-10-01, 03:30   #11
nAyo
Banned
Default Re: PR:BF2 Guide to Best Possible Graphics with nVidia GPU

Oh that looks awesome, can't wait to try it out!
nAyo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 05:09   #12
Jolly

OMFG, that's just...
AWESOME!!!!!!
Jolly is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 06:19   #13
007.SirBond

Remember guys, SweetFX can be edited a lot easier than ENB, so if you find some really impressive settings, feel free to post a screenshot or video of it here. I also would like to see if I can improve the graphics more. I'll test ENB with SweetFX tomorrow and see if it is a improvement.

EDIT: Tested it with ENB, didn't like the results.
Last edited by 007.SirBond; 2013-10-01 at 18:29..
Old 2013-10-02, 16:35   #14
Hare

I tried this with an AMD GPU, and I couldn't do it properly. Here's what happened (blurry):

And this is what it looked like before:

Can someone explain how to do this for AMD GPUs?

First post btw
Hare is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 16:49   #15
Rabbit

Original settings when it was 16 and 8

with the 4x4 and 4 now applied

Both have all the same settings as yours, only changed those 2.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 20:49   #16
GoEz

Excellent writeup SirBond. Thanks for directing me here from my other thread. Read through your guide and followed your steps and my game looks great. Only thing is that I have an ATI card, so instead of NVidia Inspector I used RadeonPro/. Haven't tweaked with the settings too much but I'll post a screen of them as well as my in-game in a bit.

I'm sure these settings could be fine tuned, like I said I roughly followed the guide and applied what I thought was right. If you come up with something better post up. I made sure to turn off AA from PRLauncher. Also in RadeonPro make sure you create a profile for PRBF2 and that once you're done to apply the settings.

Vanilla vs SweetFX (with my AA settings)

Last edited by GoEz; 2013-10-02 at 21:38..
Old 2013-10-02, 21:49   #17
KaB
Retired PR Developer

Vanilla looks softer. Isn't SweetFX a pain for the eyes ?

However it seems the SweetFX offers a better readability, and makes the targets easier to see.

KaB is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 22:44   #18
GoEz

I don't think it hurts the eyes. It really brings out more vivid colors and adds a crispness to the textures. Also it is tweakable to your preference, I'm just using the posted settings because I'm lazy.
GoEz is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 00:37   #19
007.SirBond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Original settings when it was 16 and 8

with the 4x4 and 4 now applied

Both have all the same settings as yours, only changed those 2.
It seems changing your settings is having no effect. Make sure your AA behavior flag isn't set to treat 'override any application setting' as 'application-controlled' as I mentioned in step 1. Set it to None

Because you had a issue with not extracting Nvidia Inspector properly, make sure you re-download Nvidia Inspector, when extracting the files from the zip and make sure the all the files stay together, just extract all the files into a folder on your desktop.

Make sure you have PRBF2.exe added to the BF2 list in Nvidia Inspector. The .exe is in your main BF2 folder.

Make sure your anti-aliasing is set to Off in the PR launcher!

Make sure you have the right settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hare View Post
I tried this with an AMD GPU, and I couldn't do it properly. Here's what happened (blurry):

And this is what it looked like before:

Can someone explain how to do this for AMD GPUs?

First post btw
I think you set your Negative LOD Bias to +1.0
It should be set to -1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoEz View Post
Excellent writeup SirBond. Thanks for directing me here from my other thread. Read through your guide and followed your steps and my game looks great. Only thing is that I have an ATI card, so instead of NVidia Inspector I used RadeonPro/. Haven't tweaked with the settings too much but I'll post a screen of them as well as my in-game in a bit.

I'm sure these settings could be fine tuned, like I said I roughly followed the guide and applied what I thought was right. If you come up with something better post up. I made sure to turn off AA from PRLauncher. Also in RadeonPro make sure you create a profile for PRBF2 and that once you're done to apply the settings.
I've tried to fine tune it as much as I can. This is the perfect balance I found in all conditions. In night maps, the colors are not too dim, resulting in people disappearing when they shouldn't, and in desert maps which are bright, the colors are not to bright resulting in washed out colors. This is the best I can get it, using sparse gride super sampling has reduced some of the zfighting, but it is still there. If you can find a way to completly remove it, I will be happy.
Last edited by 007.SirBond; 2013-10-03 at 01:00..
Old 2013-10-03, 02:41   #20
Rabbit

Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
gpu, graphics, guide, nvidia, prbf2