project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Community Factions > Mapping
23 Aug 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2013-10-16, 06:47   #11
[R-DEV]​Ason
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

Default Re: [Map] Carentan (2km) [WIP]

Looks awesome! Are those custom fences on the 3rd pic from the bottom(left side of pic, wooden fence)? Is it possible to share them?
Ason is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 07:26   #12
titsmcgee852

Dang this looks so nice, can't wait!
titsmcgee852 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 07:38   #13
rodrigoma

It looks good, the lighting looks great.
As has been said the houses in the grid and the perfectly straight roads look unrealistic and bad, especially for an old town.
The grid fields in the bottom hand corner are also unfortunate but that's less of a deal when ingame.
rodrigoma is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 08:07   #14
AfterDune
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

You don't really notice the straight houses in-game that much tbh. Most of you would probably only notice it when you take a closer look at the minimap, but not so much from in-game experience.

AfterDune is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 08:10   #15
Arc_Shielder
Retired PR Developer

Default Re: [Map] Carentan (2km) [WIP] (PR:N)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Looks good but I'm a bit worried about how you seem to be working on three different maps at the same time and even scrapped one as a result?
He can only go as far as giving the final touches to this map as it's not his creation. Other than this one, that he gave it a go in 1 day before posting here, he has been focused in Sbeneh. He can't do more in Omaha Beach or the "scrapped" Shikotan. And Sharqi is on hold.

As far as the city goes, it was a slight improvement over the previous version since Rabbit replaced a few statics and retextured the walls. Being on grid doesn't matter as long you feel immersed in the city. Since the original mapper is not around to take upon himself to do such a drastic change (and still subjective/optional), we'll leave it like that. The only improvement that can be done is probably adding a few village like houses to the edges of the city to give a more natural flow and replace that same building static with others available.

And I'm not sure if I am a fan of Bad1n's idea of placing that longass antenna in the 2nd screenshot.

Last edited by [R-COM]Arc_Shielder; 2013-10-16 at 13:31..
Old 2013-10-16, 10:08   #16
[R-DEV]​camo
PR:BF2 Developer
Supporting Member

looks epic, PR:WW2 is shaping up to be awesome. (again)

camo is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 11:49   #17
Zemciugas

Looks really good, getting SPR vibes from these pics.

Zemciugas is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 12:19   #18
Rabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
Nice, but the the housing is yet again aligned to grid and it looks horrible like that imo. If its like that IRL, then ok...
I'm not sure what reffs bad1n used when making the level, but like I said, I'm just finishing it up, not major overhauls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
Looks good but I'm a bit worried about how you seem to be working on three different maps at the same time and even scrapped one as a result?
You have every right to be concered, I actually brought this up yesterday to someone. Shikotan needs lightmaps, and lightmap optimization. I'm also starting college in the spring. So I don't know if I will be able to really continue mapping once that starts, as I have been out of school for over half a decade. So I can't spend the week-week and a half doing all of that for shik.

However, Omaha, is pretty much done, might add a couple more layers, but its done. So all I really have is Sbeneh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrslobodan View Post
Looks awesome! Are those custom fences on the 3rd pic from the bottom(left side of pic, wooden fence)? Is it possible to share them?
They are one of the many statics you will find in pr:ww2. Its actually used in the last version of shikotan for download in the thread, but I would get permission from arc again.
Rabbit is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 10:08   #19
Tapolad

Looks really good! PR:WW2 will be awesome..
Tapolad is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-17, 17:23   #20
Xander[nl]
Supporting Member

Any idea yet which part of the battle this map will simulate?

Will the 'rescue' of the 2nd Armored be portrayed or is it just the 101st against the Germans?

Might be a good opportunity to take the 17th SS counterattack so the Germans can be the attackers for once.

Xander[nl] is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
2km, carentan, map, prn, prww2, wip