project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2014-05-01, 14:50   #11
Archosaurus
Default Re: Egotistical clans, bad SL's and dealing with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Death View Post
What I did? Havent come back to PR in ages. Because of all this. Not just what happened to you ingame but also this thread and everything else.
Sorry, what?
I don't quite understand, I don't even know who you are so I'm not blaming you for anything if that's what you mean.
Archosaurus is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 15:31   #12
Pronck
Supporting Member

Was it my LAAF?

We are staying up!
Pronck is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 16:18   #13
Archosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Pronk(NL) View Post
Was it my LAAF?
LAAF?

Anyway, no, your clan was not the clan I'm talking about. I won't be naming any people.
Old 2014-05-01, 16:23   #14
Death!
Supporting Member

You are criticizing your SL but you are indeed a bad lone wolf player, even if you get your frags.

If my SL sucks, I will suck with him, IRL that is what happens. I try to make my best even if he is dragging me to a death trap, that is what soldiers do.
Death! is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 16:29   #15
Archosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death! View Post
You are criticizing your SL but you are indeed a bad lone wolf player, even if you get your frags.

If my SL sucks, I will suck with him, IRL that is what happens. I try to make my best even if he is dragging me to a death trap, that is what soldiers do.
Repeatedly coming back into the mosque to provide GL support, cover the entrance, dig the FOB etc. while always moving with the squad when they moved and manning the MG on the IFV makes me a lonewolfer? Hell, he even asked me to recon the area for him a few times. I was there with the whole squad when we done the hit and run and also when we were holding a line after it.

I know my description was limited, but don't assume anything.

In real life, in actual combat, the squad isn't bunched up and always on the SL's tail like you see in PR, they can split up into teams like we did, teams of 2.

SL and IFV gunner, NCO and HAT, GL and MG.

And no, that is not what soldiers do.
Maybe in incompetent armies, but not in anything worth mentioning, unless the command is abysmal or they're conscripts.
Old 2014-05-01, 17:38   #16
SIDEKILL3R
Supporting Member

I don't wanna have people piss off like this at my squad leading. Then again we are living in the age where "2000" babies are now gaming..... EGO means everything to them lol even my little cousins are like that "who is best of all n have to be number one" and not about teamwork what so ever in most cases i mean nothing wrong with it at times but now it seem like now in PR """CERTAIN""" people who squad lead only care about is "BEST SQUAD" i admit i had my moments when it comes to bragging or making it seem like I'm PR best squad leader with "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY" at times but to me best squad means nothing because one squad can't win a round a team does and if you have a good and mature team (depending on who is on at the time) it's very fun and enjoyable i mean hey crack a few jokes here and there but stay focus on the obj at hand and it will be enjoyable. I been laying off PR for a min now due to NON-teamwork teams i been on lately ticks me off even when commanding and i decide to take a little break but PR is so dang on addicting i keep coming back. My advise to you sir is if you can't make your own squad join a squad that seems like they are playing the OBJ or having some form of teamwork if not leave join another if you still fail to find a squad that you enjoy being with switch teams if you still fail at finding a squad on the other team leave and come back at a different time of the day its what i do.
SIDEKILL3R is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 18:07   #17
Archosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIDEKILL3R View Post
I don't wanna have people piss off like this at my squad leading. Then again we are living in the age where "2000" babies are now gaming..... EGO means everything to them lol even my little cousins are like that "who is best of all n have to be number one" and not about teamwork what so ever in most cases i mean nothing wrong with it at times but now it seem like now in PR """CERTAIN""" people who squad lead only care about is "BEST SQUAD" i admit i had my moments when it comes to bragging or making it seem like I'm PR best squad leader with "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY" at times but to me best squad means nothing because one squad can't win a round a team does and if you have a good and mature team (depending on who is on at the time) it's very fun and enjoyable i mean hey crack a few jokes here and there but stay focus on the obj at hand and it will be enjoyable. I been laying off PR for a min now due to NON-teamwork teams i been on lately ticks me off even when commanding and i decide to take a little break but PR is so dang on addicting i keep coming back. My advise to you sir is if you can't make your own squad join a squad that seems like they are playing the OBJ or having some form of teamwork if not leave join another if you still fail to find a squad that you enjoy being with switch teams if you still fail at finding a squad on the other team leave and come back at a different time of the day its what i do.
So I guess the only solution is to let the clannies have their way and go form your own little A-team or keep searching.

And believe me, one squad can't win the match but it sure can do 95% of the effort.
That one match I had yesterday was amazing, our squad was like they'd taken 6 terminators and bundled them all up into one group.

Also, I have no problem when SL's lead in a way which I don't like, as long as they do something worthwhile ingame.
Those guys were not, they were running into fire and not accepting any other way. Otherwise I don't have a problem really.
Last edited by Archosaurus; 2014-05-01 at 18:12..
Old 2014-05-01, 18:46   #18
StevePl4y5

Archosaurus, I'm gonna give you a good SL reference, if you ever see him, join his squad.
Dr. Hax, great squad leader, have been playing with him for a while, he usually divides the squad in 2 fireteams and when we have good squad members, it usually goes well, cuz he knows what he's doing.

He usually plays on MeRK and NEW Joint Forces Teamwork Night. You can go there to take a look at when we're playing: Team One Tactical ? View topic - [SIGNUPS] PR NIGHT 27.04.14 20:00 GMT+1, also you can find us in TS: 1tac.tk
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 18:47   #19
Archosaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevePl4y5 View Post
Archosaurus, I'm gonna give you a good SL reference, if you ever see him, join his squad.
Dr. Hax, great squad leader, have been playing with him for a while, he usually divides the squad in 2 fireteams and when we have good squad members, it usually goes well, cuz he knows what he's doing.

He usually plays on MeRK and NEW Joint Forces Teamwork Night. You can go there to take a look at when we're playing: Team One Tactical ? View topic - [SIGNUPS] PR NIGHT 27.04.14 20:00 GMT+1, also you can find us in TS: 1tac.tk
Dr.Hax, Team One Tactical, noted.

Sadly I don't remember the name of the SL in the match I had yesterday, but I know it was on HOG mixed maps.
Old 2014-05-01, 18:54   #20
Bringerof_D
Supporting Member

when you give a suggestion to your SLs also provide an analysis on why. works for me, event he most zealous of leaders i've worked with have responded well with that approach. if you give them a good reason to take your suggestion more often than not they will.

Information in the hands of a critical thinker is invaluable, information alone is simply dangerous.
Bringerof_D is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
bad, clans, dealing, egotistical