project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mini-Mods > PR:Falklands General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:Falklands General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality Falklands modification.

Old 2014-08-05, 16:31   #11
pedrooo14
Default Re: Update?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatalsushi83 View Post
It looks like they put a tank turret on an armored car. Does it roll back 20 meters every time you fire it?

From the minute 4:35 you can see them in action
Old 2014-08-06, 12:40   #12
Lt Col Keith

OK, our PIGS were faster, but we yomped further.
Old 2014-08-08, 03:36   #13
fatalsushi83

Nice, thanks for the vid.
Old 2014-08-19, 15:57   #14
HeadTrauma

Greetings

Don't under estimate the Panhard. It did well against Cuban / MPLA T-54/55's and T-34-85's in Angola.
Old 2014-09-18, 04:06   #15
fatalsushi83

Hmm, no posts for over a month. I have to say, though, I've had this strange feeling for the past week or so that Falklands is nearing completion...
Old 2014-09-18, 05:04   #16
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Hmm, no posts for over a month. I have to say, though, I've had this strange feeling for the past week or so that Falklands is nearing completion...
I've been taking a little break from PR work over the last week or so but I plan on getting back onto it today with any luck

Quite a bit of work has been happening thou behind the scenes, if you look hard around the forums you may even see a few hints of progress but saving the main things for when they are ready 100% complete until we show them off

Also while its technically not new news, there was a feature on PR:F in the first issue of DEVIATION last week on page 6/7 with what's been happening with PR:F and well worth a read, as well as the rest of the magazine
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...-magazine.html

Old 2014-09-18, 23:55   #17
pedrooo14

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Rhino View Post
I've been taking a little break from PR work over the last week or so but I plan on getting back onto it today with any luck

Quite a bit of work has been happening thou behind the scenes, if you look hard around the forums you may even see a few hints of progress but saving the main things for when they are ready 100% complete until we show them off

Also while its technically not new news, there was a feature on PR:F in the first issue of DEVIATION last week on page 6/7 with what's been happening with PR:F and well worth a read, as well as the rest of the magazine
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f10...-magazine.html
Haha I see you use the argentinian designation for the MM38 shore based, "Instalaci?n de Tiro Berreta" (Crappy Launch Instalation literally)

And those M1 helmet woodland covers are a nice detail. Great Work.
Old 2014-09-19, 03:03   #18
fatalsushi83

Thanks, Rhino. I read the article and the new content looks amazing. BTW, youre not doing everything by yourself, are you?
Old 2014-09-19, 13:53   #19
Rhino
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrooo14 View Post
Haha I see you use the argentinian designation for the MM38 shore based, "Instalaci?n de Tiro Berreta" (Crappy Launch Instalation literally)
Yep, although in the code its called "arg_ass_exocet_trailer" but there is no true English term for it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedrooo14 View Post
And those M1 helmet woodland covers are a nice detail. Great Work.
Hehe, that's actually more luck than anything else since we are just using re-skinned US Vietnam Kit Geoms (now with a few tweaks like the blowpipe on the back of the AA solider etc) on top of the iirc, re-skinned MEC solider models since we didn't have time to make new ones but they are pretty correct and work pretty well

Quote:
Thanks, Rhino. I read the article and the new content looks amazing. BTW, youre not doing everything by yourself, are you?
Nope I've certainly not doing everything myself. While I've done a lot of the core work like the map itself and a bunch of new vehicles, weapons etc, and working on a few new things for the next release, I've had a lot of help from the PR team and community with mainly reskins etc
My main job however has been leading and organising this minimod to get all the new content done and in etc with helping other people working on stuff out and directing them etc

Here is the last official highlight for the new A-4s, Anti-Ship Mirage IIIEA etc and you can see credits for everyone who worked on them: https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...date-15-a.html

If you also look in this highlight here from the Soldiers and beyond you will find credits for each item in the mod although its quite out dated now and doesn't include all the new stuff for the next release but you can see how many people helped out with the initial release
https://www.realitymod.com/forum/f19...falklands.html

Last edited by [R-DEV]Rhino; 2014-09-19 at 14:05..
Old 2014-10-15, 03:28   #20
Dosedmonkey

Everything sounds great, I can't wait for this mod.

Quote:
It looks like they put a tank turret on an armored car. Does it roll back 20 meters every time you fire it?
There is one of these in poor condition at Stanley airport now, and another in some local Falkland islanders front garden getting fixed up, I think mainly to rub it in the Argies faces haha.

Its amazing the amount of hardware still around the Falkland islands and in South Georgia too there is still a Argie landing craft and a shot down Argie helo I've been too. Some falkland islanders I know keep threatening to chop up the Argie landing craft and get rid of it as they hate seeing it there in the harbour beach.
Last edited by Dosedmonkey; 2014-10-15 at 03:38..

Tags
update