project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 Feedback > Vehicles
03 Oct 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links

Old 2015-04-14, 10:09   #11
Spook
Supporting Member

Default Re: German Tiger FLIR

Yeah, but its less of a problem there because you can easily make steep attacks and give the co pilot clear view towards the ground.

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 16:08   #12
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

With the kiowa you can go nose down and still be able to go up, with the tiger - no.

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-14, 22:18   #13
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Would giving the German Tiger a top-attack mode help? With that you could easier engage target from behind cover. On the downside it would make the chopper even worse in dogfights.
Another thing would be to look at making the rotor more transparent. Not sure how realistic that would be though.
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-15, 15:22   #14
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
Would giving the German Tiger a top-attack mode help? With that you could easier engage target from behind cover. On the downside it would make the chopper even worse in dogfights.
Another thing would be to look at making the rotor more transparent. Not sure how realistic that would be though.
Making the rotor more transparent would help tons already. The way I see it, without change this heli will remain like the MTLB 7.62mm of attack helicopters. Obsolete, hated and used in a completely wrong way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Tiger doesn't stand a chance against the Z9. Z9 is extremely agile and you can easily outmaneuvre the Tiger even if he is in a superior position. The HJ-8 have this much higher turn-radius due to their low speed(?) and makes it extremely easy to hit the Tiger with the first or second missile already.

I cannot remember that I ever got killed by a Tiger on Wanda..
Ehh... All you said is either not quite true or easily debatable.

Agility, well, tiger is extremely agile in its own way. If you know how to fly it, it maneuvers amazingly well. It just has a couple of quirks flying-wise to be careful about.

HJ-8 due to its spiraling trajectory sometimes makes you miss in places where a hellfire would've hit. HJ-8 does not turn as fast as a HF.

And the reason you have never been killed by the tiger is most likely because pilots rarely get to fly it. Zhi-9 is easy for anyone, handles just like any other light heli. Tiger on the other hand needs some previous experience to be flown properly.
Last edited by viirusiiseli; 2015-04-15 at 15:36..
Old 2015-04-16, 10:58   #15
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

It seems like much of the criticisms laid against the Tiger here are from people employing it in the exact same way they would other AHEs. Has anyone actually tried doing something different with it and making use of it's more unique attributes? Just me?

I can totally understand the outcries against the French variant which is equipped to compete with other world-class AHEs and comes up short, but many of the Tiger variants represent a somewhat different doctrine. For the sake of utility in PR, consider it a slightly more robust hybrid between two light AHEs (Z-9 an excellent example!), more tuned to reconnaissance than heavy attack like the AH-64d, Mi-28, Z-10. In fact it is more similar to something like the Z-19, which we do not have in PR.

There is so much fun/realism to be had and I feel like many are missing out!

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 00:47   #16
viirusiiseli
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-MOD]Mongolian_dude View Post
It seems like much of the criticisms laid against the Tiger here are from people employing it in the exact same way they would other AHEs. Has anyone actually tried doing something different with it and making use of it's more unique attributes? Just me?

I can totally understand the outcries against the French variant which is equipped to compete with other world-class AHEs and comes up short, but many of the Tiger variants represent a somewhat different doctrine. For the sake of utility in PR, consider it a slightly more robust hybrid between two light AHEs (Z-9 an excellent example!), more tuned to reconnaissance than heavy attack like the AH-64d, Mi-28, Z-10. In fact it is more similar to something like the Z-19, which we do not have in PR.

There is so much fun/realism to be had and I feel like many are missing out!
It could and still can be used as a full on attack heli, it's just that the rotor is blinding. This is literally the only problem. If the rotor doesn't blind the gunner there is no fault with the tiger. If that is fixed it can be used as both, low and high modes.
viirusiiseli is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 04:40   #17
[R-CON]​Frontliner
PR:BF2 Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by [R-DEV]Mats391 View Post
What about fixing the flying attributes? A large number of people complain that the Tiger will crash if you point downwards and I've seen a whole lot of Tigers crash on the heli pad because of this. Or has this already been changed?

VTRaptor: but i only stopped for less than 10 secs and that fucking awesome dude put 2 of them
]CIA[ SwampFox: well my definition of glitching is using an enemy kit to kill the enemy
Just_Dave: i have a list about PR players, and they r categorized by their skill
Para: You sir are an arse and not what the game or our community needs.
AlonTavor: Is that a German trying to make me concentrate?
Heavy Death: join PRTA instead - Teamwork is a must there.
Frontliner is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 07:46   #18
[R-DEV]Mats391
PR:BF2 Lead Developer
Supporting Member
PR Server License Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontliner View Post
What about fixing the flying attributes? A large number of people complain that the Tiger will crash if you point downwards and I've seen a whole lot of Tigers crash on the heli pad because of this. Or has this already been changed?
Not sure on the flight physics, but landing is way easier now. If i can do it, everyone can
Mats391 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 09:12   #19
Spook
Supporting Member

Mats thats not in 1.2 yet. The fix was applied for 1.3

Spook is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-17, 12:01   #20
Mongolian_dude
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spook View Post
Mats thats not in 1.2 yet. The fix was applied for 1.3
Mats, I think that's what he's saying. For everyone's information, the issue is that the skids have the wrong material setting applied to them, meaning that landing actually counts as a collision and also contributes heavily to the Tiger's tendency to roll over on the deck. It has since been resolved for the next release.

Military lawyers engaged in fierce legal action.
Mongolian_dude is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
flir, german, tiger