project reality header
Go Back   Project Reality Forums > PR:BF2 Mod Forums > PR:BF2 General Discussion
09 Sep 2024, 00:00:00 (PRT)
Register Developer Blogs Members List Search Quick Links
PR:BF2 General Discussion General discussion of the Project Reality: BF2 modification.

Old 2015-06-17, 20:02   #11
PatrickLA_CA
Supporting Member

Default Re: Whats going to happen to the PR team when Squad is released?

What is going to happen to the PR Devs when Squad is released?

The same thing it will happen to all PR players, they will all get Squad and play it massively for the first couple of days, leaving PR to those with computers that can't run Squad for a couple of days.

Then, when everyone has had their feast, PR players will split their time between PR and Squad and everything will be back to normal

In-game: Cobra-PR
PatrickLA_CA is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 20:16   #12
BloodyDeed
Retired PR Developer
Supporting Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm incredibly happy about squad and really appreciate the effort they put in.
But it will still be some time until Squad can really replace PR.
PR is in development for 10 years with hundreds of developers coding, mapping, moddeling etc. You can not easily replace that...if ever.

And I'm sure there will still be people playing PR. So many people called PR dead already, but just take a look at PRSpy...

BloodyDeed is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 22:06   #13
Hitm@n94

Vive PR!
Hitm@n94 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 22:51   #14
matty1053

Well, I know one thing...

The admins on Squad servers are probably gonna quit lol.... since the kiddies on youtube think that Squad is just a FPS like CoD or BF.

I'm sure the PR team will be well fine... lol.
matty1053 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-17, 22:54   #15
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

The only thing ex-pr squad devs need to do is eventually bring Full PR experience(minus server crash and squadbug) to UE4.

Anything else isn't important.

PR will still be supported.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 09:55   #16
StevePl4y5

All my games are either F2P, or were a gift from someone, in my whole life I paid for 1 or 2 video games, when I was younger and cared a lot more about video games. There are a ton of cheap gamers out there just like me, who are not willing to put money into a simple hobby.

Before v1.3 there were a ton of guys who wanted to play PR, but wouldn't because they had to get BF2, which is like 5 bucks by now. As soon as PR went standalone, boom! Tons of new players appeared.

And of course there are even cheaper gamers who have crappy PCs and will gladly stay with PR. After all, it might be old and outdated, full of glitches and bugs, it may have crappy 2005 graphics, but PR gives you gameplay options and experiences no other current gen shooter will give you. And if a guy with a crappy PC can play something like that, he won't care that there's something with better graphics out there, he'll stick to the battle-hardened and free PR.

I say PR still has at least 4 years of life until it starts dying off, and then maybe 2 years until it dies off completely. And it may not seem a lot, but that's a lot nowadays.
StevePl4y5 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 11:40   #17
obpmgmua

I believe the PR devs should make their own FPS game. Fuck the hardcore market, let Squad/Arma/Etc have it.

I want a combined arms game with the weapon selection, factions, vehicles and map quality of PR, but more accessible; with a HUD, Kit Customization, Unlocks, Rank & Stat system, something that will put all these shitty modern day FPS games to shame. ea is perfectly okay with selling us hardline every year, activision has the console market cornered. And all these other studies, pro and indie alike are either churning out cod clones or so far up their own smug asses they release retro platformers year after year.

Vidya needs a savior.
obpmgmua is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 11:56   #18
Zeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post
I believe the PR devs should make their own FPS game. Fuck the hardcore market, let Squad/Arma/Etc have it.

I want a combined arms game with the weapon selection, factions, vehicles and map quality of PR, but more accessible; with a HUD, Kit Customization, Unlocks, Rank & Stat system, something that will put all these shitty modern day FPS games to shame. ea is perfectly okay with selling us hardline every year, activision has the console market cornered. And all these other studies, pro and indie alike are either churning out cod clones or so far up their own smug asses they release retro platformers year after year.

Vidya needs a savior.
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You do understand that Squad is its own FPS game... and made By the PR DEVs right?

also all those features will be in Squad, not sure if you are just trolling here
Zeno is offline Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-18, 12:17   #19
ComradeHX
Banned
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by obpmgmua View Post

Vidya needs a savior.
HUD?
Fuck HUD. Current PR has all you needed.
Kit Customization?
Fuck Customization. Customization only wastes time; your squad don't have time to wait for you to attach sex dildo to your rifle.
Unlocks?
Fuck Unlocks. Useful unlocks promotes farming instead of playing the game; useless unlocks are useless...
Rank & Stat?
Fuck Rank, keep some stats(teamwork score per game...etc.).

Those stuff you mentioned is for shitty EA battlefailed games.

Squad is supposed to be UE4's PR; for many reasons(one being the Squad devs are ex-PR devs...).
Abandoning the Hardcore market means it will be shit. Arma occupies simulator market.
ComradeHX is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
happen, released, squad, team